overrestored
13 years ago
the difference seems to be on the inside corners... the 356 ones seem more rounded off.
protect me from what I want
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration
13 years ago
Just found these, might be of interest...

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-68-grab-handles.aspx 


Rob Amos

Happiness is a stock VW

56ovalrhd
13 years ago
I will take a set when they are done also:d How close are they to being done?
Sambaguy
  • Sambaguy
  • 74.4% (Friendly)
  • Regular Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi,

The handles will not be available until later this autumn because the crome company was very busy for the moment.

We will give more info later on.

Sambaguy

56ovalrhd
13 years ago
Any updates on these? I could use 2 sets πŸ™‚
oval56
  • oval56
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
would also need one set handels for heb 455 :roll: :d
www.oval56.de

www.oval56.com

DBK Germany

Bengt H
13 years ago
Hallo again, wee will make a run of 10 pair of handles, they will bee chromed by a good chromeshop and ready to put on a car, wee hope to have them ready this winter. Price will bee 150 euro for a pair!

Regards Bengt

Sambaguy
  • Sambaguy
  • 74.4% (Friendly)
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi Guys,

Time for some update regarding the handles.

Sorry for taking time but hopefully they are ready soon. I left the handles to one of Swedens best crome shops two months ago.

They will put on a layer of copper before they crome it to fill small holes in the cast. I have provide them with many pictures of the original handle so the shape will be kept intakt.

This shop has a very good reputation, that`s why it will take some time.

We will sell the handles for 150 Euro / pair.

Once again, sorry for keeping you waiting.

Sambaguy

Etzhold1
  • Etzhold1
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
At samba a friend is selling them for 275 US$

But your price is better anyway !


56ovalrhd
12 years ago
You're right, mine are a little more... but they are not cheap to reproduce. I'm almost sold out anyway, I only made a few sets for selfish reasons πŸ™‚ I think the difference is $50 for a Hebmuller, I think it's good they are finally available πŸ™‚ I didn't mean to step on any toes making them, I just got impatient waiting....
heb623
  • heb623
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Etzhold1 wrote:

At samba a friend is selling them for 275 US$

But your price is better anyway !

Ofcourse there are always people who like expensive things to be cheap ...... or even .......... given for free!:shock:

Isn't it Ezhold1!:lol:

Who dares to say now that ET:twisted: is evil!!!:lol:

:twisted: ET  spl20 5 08 005.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.


I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!

I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!

heb623
  • heb623
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!

I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!

Etzhold1
  • Etzhold1
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Nice picture ET !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


heb623
  • heb623
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Etzhold1 wrote:

Nice picture ET !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure it's a nice pic, you took it!!!:roll:

:twisted: ET


I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!

I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!

Sambaguy
  • Sambaguy
  • 74.4% (Friendly)
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
56ovalrhd wrote:

You're right, mine are a little more... but they are not cheap to reproduce. I'm almost sold out anyway, I only made a few sets for selfish reasons πŸ™‚ I think the difference is $50 for a Hebmuller, I think it's good they are finally available πŸ™‚ I didn't mean to step on any toes making them, I just got impatient waiting....

We donΒ΄t think this is funny at all. We have spent lot of money and lot of work on this. :-(

Thomas & Bengt

56ovalrhd
12 years ago
In defense, I spent some serious money doing these also. It's not cheap to reproduce a part. A lot of times, people say they are going to make something and with your delays I didn't know if it was ever going to happen. Seriously, I understand your feelings but I've heard a lot of people say they were going to do something and years go by and it never gets done. I didn't mean to do anything other than make a few sets so that I would have a set for a project car. I don't have many left so I'm sure you will sell yours too. I doubt anyone will make them again as it not only takes money, but skilled craftsman to make them properly. I wasn't trying to be funny, and my apologies if I've upset you....
oval56
  • oval56
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
position of the handles on the inner frame wanted!!!

hi guy's, i do need the position of the inner handle / location /measurements (gap betwen latch and gap between botom of the frame)... any one?

thanks


www.oval56.de

www.oval56.com

DBK Germany

usariemen
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:

position of the handles on the inner frame wanted!!!

hi guy's, i do need the position of the inner handle / location /measurements (gap betwen latch and gap between botom of the frame)... any one?

thanks

I just sended an original front woodbow with all the fixing holes for the latches and handles to

Claus Missing. There the positions and measurements are visible. He wants to refine some details on his repros, so I lended him my original. When I get it back I can check for you. Or ask him meanwhile.

Carsten


Master of my domaine.
oval56
  • oval56
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
usariemen wrote:

I just sended an original front woodbow with all the fixing holes for the latches and handles to

Claus Missing. There the positions and measurements are visible. He wants to refine some details on his repros, so I lended him my original. When I get it back I can check for you. Or ask him meanwhile.

Carsten

hi carsten, thanks, i will contact him directly, thanks for the information.


www.oval56.de

www.oval56.com

DBK Germany

Tom Bo
  • Tom Bo
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Newbie