58 Convertible
14 years ago
I´m searching for a rear seat and the side-panels for my 1958 convertible

Which years do I have to narrow my search to?

I will have it reupholstered so the fabric doesn't matter?

Kind Regards
Ola
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Not sure about the side panels but I think a seat from a 58-64 Cabrio will fit. Best place to look is the Samba.

58 Convertible
14 years ago

Not sure about the side panels but I think a seat from a 58-64 Cabrio will fit. Best place to look is the Samba.

55Kab wrote:

OK, thanks.

Shipping will probably starve me if I find one "over there" :D
I came across one in Sweden that is for 1972 beetle but I wasn´t very hopefull that it would fit my car, And maybe there is on guy that might have a one for a 1969...

/Ola
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

OK, thanks.

Shipping will probably starve me if I find one "over there" :D
I came across one in Sweden that is for 1972 beetle but I wasn´t very hopefull that it would fit my car, And maybe there is on guy that might have a one for a 1969...

/Ola

58 Convertible wrote:

Get some pictures of the 72 and 69 seats - I can make some comparison photos of my 58 seat if you want.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
58 Convertible
14 years ago
That would be super JD!

BTW what colour is your car, Mine is black with VIN 1 616 205 and I'm trying to figure out how the interior is supposed to look like, all I know is that car is L 41 Black and interior is "M 556 Upholstery leatherette Red " according to birthcertificate

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

That would be super JD!

BTW what colour is your car, Mine is black with VIN 1 616 205 and I'm trying to figure out how the interior is supposed to look like, all I know is that car is L 41 Black and interior is "M 556 Upholstery leatherette Red " according to birthcertificate

58 Convertible wrote:

Mine´s also L41 with red leatherette interior.

Cabrio back seats are supposed to be very hard to find. You may jus have to take what you can get.
UserPostedImage
58 Convertible
14 years ago

Mine´s also L41 with red leatherette interior.

Cabrio back seats are supposed to be very hard to find. You may jus have to take what you can get.

JD wrote:

This is my lucky day! Do you have any pictures of your car?

Yes I have understood that they are not everywhere... but there has to survived more seats than cars in the world ???

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
My car is in VolksWorld this month. Here are some interior pics. Yours should look like these - only clean!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
vintagebug
14 years ago

It's not complete, it's only the back rest, but it's a start...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=927761 

Good luck in your hunt, rear seats for early convertibles are pretty hard to find...

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
58 Convertible
14 years ago
Thanks a lot!

I was browsing the samba yesterday trying to find exactly these photos, of course i didnt know if the existed at that point...
Now i know what my car should look like...

cabbe6.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
58 Convertible
14 years ago

It's not complete, it's only the back rest, but it's a start...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=927761 

Good luck in your hunt, rear seats for early convertibles are pretty hard to find...

vintagebug wrote:

Thanks, email sent to seller

/Ola
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Glad to help. If you need any other pictures then let me know.
:d
UserPostedImage
vintagebug
14 years ago

Thanks, email sent to seller

/Ola

58 Convertible wrote:

Let us know how you get on :d
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
58 Convertible
14 years ago

Glad to help. If you need any other pictures then let me know.
:d

JD wrote:

I will :D

Let us know how you get on :d

vintagebug wrote:

For sure, i was thinking about starting a restoration-thread as son as I get started for real.. ( I've got millions of questions )
dry&heavy
14 years ago

My car is in VolksWorld this month. Here are some interior pics. Yours should look like these - only clean!

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

if you still need an interior i (swapped) gave one away a few month's back in good order there's both front seat's plus back seat (no holes or tear's)and all 4 door card's
the 4 door card's are same colour in pic's but they have a grey handle easy to change to red:wink:
the front seat's red fronted but they have grey side's, the back seat look's just the same
i can find out if he still has them if you want
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

if you still need an interior i (swapped) gave one away a few month's back in good order there's both front seat's plus back seat (no holes or tear's)and all 4 door card's
the 4 door card's are same colour in pic's but they have a grey handle easy to change to red:wink:
the front seat's red fronted but they have grey side's, the back seat look's just the same

dry&heavy wrote:

What, Cabrio parts?
UserPostedImage
58 Convertible
14 years ago

dry&heavy wrote:

Really?
Convertible?
Very interesting!

Kind regards
Ola
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I´m searching for a rear seat and the side-panels for my 1958 convertible

Which years do I have to narrow my search to?

I will have it reupholstered so the fabric doesn't matter?

Kind Regards
Ola

58 Convertible wrote:

Interior panels are 56-59 only.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
CottonFields
a year ago
Yes, 13yrs ago!
I have rear panels for a 1960 convertible.
CF3
11 months ago
1960 Kabriolet Convertible:  I have all four original interior panels, front and rear.  Gray/blue and white. Good condition.