vwparkingonly
18 years ago
hi all,
i've recently bought a 67' bug which would not start.i figured out that there was'nt any power getting to the coil,which i by-passed straight from the battery to terminal 15 on the coil.nothing wrong there,the car started and ran ok. but, would not switch off from the key in the ignition and would stay running,maybe due to the perminent live feed or to the lack of control from the ignition. also the red battery light in the speedo stays on all the time.
HELP!!! is the ignition faulty, is the wiring in need of some love,how can i get around this problem.
any information would be a great help.
thanks 😞
I'LL WELD IT FOR YA!! JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT!!!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vwparkingonly
18 years ago
well folks, sorted the ignition prob. now i've decided to put a 1600 lump into my 73'beetle.all has gone very well so far,all rebuilt with my new parts picked up at bugjam this weekend,so i am very pleased with myself. just have to put it in the beetle sometime this week. :twisted:
pre67vw
18 years ago
rebuilt in 2 days?? :shock:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vwparkingonly
18 years ago
if you need assistance,dont fail to call me.
VW WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
michael_v
18 years ago
Hi, I think I have the same problem in electrical. My battery got drained. I think it's my alternator or some faulty wiring. When I have my battery recharced and tested the car, it started. But every time I remove the battery to see if the alternator is running.... It runs but you have to step on the gas pedal to make the engine cry, otherwise it will stop. HELP Me Please 😞
I love my beetle, help me make it look and feel better