ianmac
14 years ago
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=811077 

Does anyone know anything about this car? I quite fancy an early cabrio, it looks not bad for the money:?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Standard split
14 years ago
It sure does look to be a good price compared to recent cabrios for sale in the 'States 😮

Is the engine a 30hp though :?:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
14 years ago
That car and barge pole are often used in the same sentence.
It's half Oval.Wide berth.
ianmac
14 years ago

That car and barge pole are often used in the same sentence.
It's half Oval.Wide berth.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Like they always say... if it looks too good to be true:wink: thanks George
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Reminded me of the similar looking '50 Karmann featured in Volksworld circa 1990. Just got it out and it's not the same one.

William
vintagebug
14 years ago

I'm sure that's been for sale for quite a while.

George, is that the one we looked at in Belgium many moons ago? At that time it was owned by someone very well-known in the aircooled VW scene... ??

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
14 years ago
That's the same car Dave,the one found in the woods in Sweden.
oval56
14 years ago
a frind of mine was interested in this car, i have tried to contact the seller, in the beginning comunication was okay, but after asking some details and asking some pictures (special areas) the cumunicationg gets lost.

we mentioned that we are searching a driver and a good basis without doing a full restojob the next years. also we know that the half part is an oval but who cares. we are no picture collectors but i think it is normal to ask such details if you are 1200km awy from this car.

the bad thing is taht pictures of the body area are not provided by the seller ( heaterchanel botoms, area of the torsionbar or a pilar...)

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
SplitPersonality
14 years ago

That's the same car Dave,the one found in the woods in Sweden.

'50 Karmann wrote:

What "Swedish relic" is this? The two-tone green one that Ritchie King had? ...enlighten us...
pre67vw
14 years ago

What "Swedish relic" is this? The two-tone green one that Ritchie King had? ...enlighten us...

SplitPersonality wrote:

Not that one, I think it's the one that had graffiti writing on the side (devil ride or something)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
SplitPersonality
14 years ago

Not that one, I think it's the one that had graffiti writing on the side (devil ride or something)

pre67vw wrote:

Really...is it that one? It has come a long way...but has a stretch to go yet...
Ivan
14 years ago
I saw it on a trailer for sale at Hessich last year. It was parked out of the show in a car park near the Grundmann's roofing co. Looked at it for a couple of minutes, walked away.
I have no further comment on the subject.
GKL 7
14 years ago

I think it's the one that had graffiti writing on the side (devil ride or something)

pre67vw wrote:

Yes,same car.There's pictures about with a little boy sat in it.
RockStock
14 years ago
OER, Older European Resto
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage