ovals4ever
14 years ago
Found these images on eBay  but forgot to bid on them...
Is this one still alive?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
14 years ago
Hello,
Send me the Chassisnr, Aufbau nr and date and I tell you.....and please do not forget the Bodynr:lol:
Wish I could tell you. Sorry. Anyone else?

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
14 years ago
The numberplate is not known by me.
There are no clues visible that could give me an identification.
Maybe you can write the seller to find out where he got them?
If you find something, let us know.
Best regards.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Bjoern
14 years ago
The Numberplate AW 25 shows that the car comes from the American Sector of Germany. AW stand for American Würthenberg which is the area around Stuttgart - 25 is the district of Aalen, a small city in the north of Ulm, east of Stuttgart.

At the city of Lorch, which is in this sector, there exist one 1949 Hebmüller in the private collection of a Philitntarist, who is a famous expert for Maybach cars. He also owns all kinds of cars, Volkswagen built for the Wehrmacht, which he had in his collection in a time, when nobody was interested in vintage VWs. Maybe it is his car...
brille52
14 years ago
WoW !!
What a great story - incredible, what you can " read out " from that number plate ! Really interesting to learn that small piece of history .Thanks.
@Peter ; let me say a BIG THANK YOU to you too !! You are always ready to help solving any request regarding the Hebs !! Like you answered the question regarding the Heb inner lamp in another forum : I always learn from you and it is impressive, how much you know about this cars ! Great that guy`s like you are around !
Good luck for you ongoing project as for ex Guido`s car : it finally found a good home.

a8)
zelensis61
14 years ago
Bjorn, Thanks for solving that with the plates. Is there a way to find out what nrs hang on to this plate.
Teach me about the collector .:?:

Andreas, How was your rice? :wink: Like I wrote, that project will go in storage for some time, I have other plans now.

Bjoern
14 years ago

Bjorn, Thanks for solving that with the plates. Is there a way to find out what nrs hang on to this plate.
Teach me about the collector .:?:

zelensis61 wrote:

I gave the adress to Claus but as far as I know he didn't get an answer. I think the owner is one of these couples of owners who are not intersted to talk what they have. I remember 20 years ago when Ulrich v. Pidoll published his book with the names of all known pre49-owners at that time. A couple of hardcore collectors used this list to contact all owners if they would like to sell their cars. Not ones a time, they did it monthly even if the owners says "no". I know two Hardcorefreaks, who discussed for a lower price with tears in their Eyes because of their lifedream, the ill mum and children and the Money they didn't have, just to make a better deal while they resale the cars a few weeks later. If you ever had one of these guys monthly on phone you are not interested to give any information about your Hebmüller for a register. Even if there are all owners anonym on the official site.