overrestored
14 years ago
The fellow who owns the Rometsch Alfa Romeo is searching for two coachbuilder badges. If anyone has any for sale... please pm me and I will put you in touch with him.

if you don't know the car... see:

https://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13492 
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Etzhold1
14 years ago

The fellow who owns the Rometsch Alfa Romeo is searching for two coachbuilder badges. If anyone has any for sale... please pm me and I will put you in touch with him.

if you don't know the car... see:

https://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13492 

overrestored wrote:

Today somebody called me from germany, to ask if I have the round badges for a rometsch !
I'm planning to go to christian this weekend (I have to call him first) and talk about those badges
Maybe I can reproduce these in the future !

Guido
Bjoern
14 years ago

Today somebody called me from germany, to ask if I have the round badges for a rometsch !
I'm planning to go to christian this weekend (I have to call him first) and talk about those badges
Maybe I can reproduce these in the future !

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

I will hope that Christian once a time has no visitors to welcome every day so that his cool little daughter Victoria and his smart wife Christine have more time to see him. I don't know what Eastern is in your culture - but here in Germany it is a holy time for the family.
overrestored
14 years ago
The man that owns the Alfa Romeo Rometsch... works in an automotive museum... and has the capacity to create badges and emblems through his network of resources. If he cannot find the original badges... he will be re-creating them as a reproduction. I think we can find the originals if we dig around.

He also needs a new chassis identity plate. Like what is behind the spare tire in a beetle or Beeskow... except not a VW version. I think these are pretty generic... and were on lots of german cars in the early 1950's. Does anyone have any idea where to find these?

Thanks!

Etzhold1
14 years ago

I will hope that Christian once a time has no visitors to welcome every day so that his cool little daughter Victoria and his smart wife Christine have more time to see him. I don't know what Eastern is in your culture - but here in Germany it is a holy time for the family.

Bjoern wrote:

I forgot easter :oops: Bjorn, but like I wrote I'll call him first if it is ok to come to hessisch and pick up the ordered parts and deliver ordered rubbers ! ! And discus a few things !

Guido:wink:
SplitPersonality
14 years ago
A couple of comments:

- What badges is the Alfa owner searching for? The long and narrow ones on the bottom of the front fender, or the chromed script on the engine lid?

- For the fender badges, there are the silver ones and the gold ones. All Beeskows have gold ones and the rivet holes are about 15mm closer on these than on the later silver ones.

- Guido - you write "round badges" - which are these? The red ones on the Lawrence?

- For both silver-badge, gold-badge or script - I guess HO is your best source.

- The generic VIN-plate .... here is a pic of an original used by Rometsch in 1954:
UserPostedImage

So; one wide blank-field on the top, and 5 rows of detail-fields underneath. Multiple variants of these were sold back then, and still today...

If somebody has great contacts for great quality such repros - drop us a line at www.rometschregistry.org. We would like to reproduce the exact copy.

A search on "typenschild" on ebay.de brings up a variety of versions, and from time to time some which are virtually exactly like original will show up. Here is one that could be used, but is not exact:
https://cgi.ebay.de/Blanko-Typenschild-Anhaengertypenschild-Neutral-Anhaenger_W0QQitemZ170451300490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPKW_Anh%C3%A4nger_Ersatzteile?hash=item27afb0708a 

Etzhold1
14 years ago
Hi oystein,

Yes I was talking about the round ones on the Lawrence?
I'll be this afternoon in Hessisch arrround 15 hr !
Yesterday I was calling with Christian and it was no problem at all !
So The personal body gard from christian was a litlle early with his reaction, but I understand his concern !
Best regards,

To you all
Guido

Ps I think there are already repro's on the market from the other badges if, not I can ask to make these also !
heb623
14 years ago

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
14 years ago
:arrow:
Etzhold1
14 years ago
I think youre looking for these badges !

Guido  IMG_8032.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Bjoern
14 years ago

So The personal body gard from christian was a litlle early with his reaction, but I understand his concern !

Etzhold1 wrote:

Please note that I am not Christian's Personal bodyguard, he is old enough. But I was his widness when he married Christine so it is my job that Christian is not getting stress with his wife. We all know Christian and his father, they never would Not welcome VW-friends if they ask for a visit. Even if they have more important things to do like to be there for their family. A year has 365 days, so there is much time to choose a better day than the days Christian should be for his little daughter who is actually in the best age for serching the eggs in the garden. And a car, who lost its badge 50 Years ago could also exist for a few more days without its badge. I think we both are in the same mind, that it is an unusual way to write at first in Internet your selfinvitement to someone and after everybody has seen this to ask if this is okay for the person who is going to be visit. For your visit at Christmas time you should also contact Christian's wife Christine 😉
heb623
14 years ago

overrestored
14 years ago

- What badges is the Alfa owner searching for?

SplitPersonality wrote:

He needs all of them for the Alfa.

BTW... are you sure about the beeskows always having the yellow gold fender badges?
GKL 7
14 years ago
:arrow:
pbaptist
14 years ago

I think youre looking for these badges !

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

HI Guido,

Rene van Hulzen is looking for these round batches for his Lawrence Coupe. He is the one who contact you.
I think these batches are only used for the lawrence coupe on not on other cars (at least I haven't seen these on any other cars)

The Alfa owner is looking for all other batches. (Side batches (gold or silver?) and maybe more)

And also I am looking for all the batches for my Lawrecne convertible. So the site batches and the rometsch script on the decklid.

Regards
Patrick
heb623
14 years ago
To whom it may concern!
The person(s) who this is ment for will know!
First of all its has never been and it will never be my intension to accuse people of something they did not do!
For the person(s) who think I did I sincerly apologize myself!!!

:oops: ET

GKL 7
14 years ago
OK i have deleted a couple of posts in this topic.
It appears someone has taken offence at a couple of JOKES i made.