mrmagyar
13 years ago
Well, our Belgian '49 Standard has finally reached its new U.K. home!  009.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
13 years ago
Congratulations! Just seen it on facebook, looks GREAT!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Just seen it on facebook,

pre67vw wrote:

You young people these days. :lol:
William
mrmagyar
13 years ago
Cheers Rob,

Will post some more info on it tomorrow after a good night's sleep; it's been a hectic weekend but enjoyed every minute of it! :)

Andy.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
55Kab
13 years ago

Will post some more info on it tomorrow after a good night's sleep; it's been a hectic weekend but enjoyed every minute of it! :)

Andy.

mrmagyar wrote:

Looking forward to the pics Andy, it looks fantastic!

Registered and MoT in time for Stanford Hall then? :wink: :lol:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago
WOW! :shock:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
harveypj
13 years ago
😎 AWSOME
Stock......the new custom
Standard split
13 years ago
Very nice indeed :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
59 Ragtop
13 years ago
Very nice. 😎
waynemacvw
13 years ago
Very Very Nice pre '50 Split !
pre67vw
13 years ago

Cheers Rob,

Andy.

mrmagyar wrote:

Come on then? still waiting... :wink: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Standard split
13 years ago

Come on then? still waiting... :wink: :lol:

pre67vw wrote:

Yes come on:!: Don't be selfish and keep this beauty all to yourself – share it, I'm drooling over the keyboard already – tastier than Belgian chocolates πŸ˜›

Belgium is the place to find really nice old VWs – my '49 was found in the original owner's barn there :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
mrmagyar
13 years ago
Hello all,

Thanks for the nice comments. I bought the car along with Phil Murgatroyd from the Belgian chap Filip who trades at most of the big shows. We saw it advertised on his stand at the Volksworld show and made a snap decision to go across to Belgium and see it over the Easter weekend. It was restored around 11 years ago. Apparently the car itself was in good fettle but the interior was in bad shape. The present interior is from an oval so one job on the list is to replace it with a proper Standard. We have the original seats and remnants of the fabric so there's something to go on. It’s got its original engine and the body, frame and chassis numbers all match. We still have to get it MOT'd and registered yet and as soon as that's all completed it will be at one of the shows, probably Peppercorn. I'm in love with the car already!

Cheers,
Andy.  027.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Sunroof53
13 years ago

Yes come on:!: Don't be selfish and keep this beauty all to yourself – share it, I'm drooling over the keyboard already – tastier than Belgian chocolates πŸ˜›

Belgium is the place to find really nice old VWs – my '49 was found in the original owner's barn there :beer:

Standard split wrote:

:shock: Reminds me of a boy at school that would gladly take sweets from anyone and not share any of his own.Needless to say he ended up lonlely.:roll:
Standard split
13 years ago

:shock: Reminds me of a boy at school that would gladly take sweets from anyone and not share any of his own.Needless to say he ended up lonlely.:roll:

Sunroof53 wrote:

A double whammy today Sunroof53 – once here and also, just before on the Rattletrap thread :evil: :lol:

Etzhold1
13 years ago
Very nice car !!
I know Filip he's a nice guy !
So I think you have seen my favorit barndoor aswel! (camper) not for sale !
ENJOY YOUR CAR!!!!

Cheers,

Guido:wink:
zelensis61
13 years ago

Very nice car !!
I know Filip he's a nice guy !
So I think you have seen my favorit barndoor aswel! (camper) not for sale !
ENJOY YOUR CAR!!!!

Cheers,

Guido:wink:

Etzhold1 wrote:

I know that one too....the rather cosy barndoor Office-camper in nice cream and blue:shock: .
Fluptje is real nice. He always has a nice collection.
Greetings and succes with the split.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sunroof53
13 years ago

A double whammy today Sunroof53 – once here and also, just before on the Rattletrap thread :evil: :lol:

Standard split wrote:

Sorry ,just could'nt help myself .So!:d what about that 49 pictured next to RT?

Wont say anymore its MrGs thread ,and i am going for medals on my username!! :lol:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Hello all,

Thanks for the nice comments. I bought the car along with Phil Murgatroyd from the Belgian chap Filip who trades at most of the big shows. We saw it advertised on his stand at the Volksworld show and made a snap decision to go across to Belgium and see it over the Easter weekend. It was restored around 11 years ago. Apparently the car itself was in good fettle but the interior was in bad shape. The present interior is from an oval so one job on the list is to replace it with a proper Standard. We have the original seats and remnants of the fabric so there's something to go on. It’s got its original engine and the body, frame and chassis numbers all match. We still have to get it MOT'd and registered yet and as soon as that's all completed it will be at one of the shows, probably Peppercorn. I'm in love with the car already!

Cheers,
Andy.

mrmagyar wrote:

Ahhh! I know which car it is now. Lovely. And congratulations on entering the 40s club.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
64rotbox
13 years ago
I think the only word suitable is "oof!" That's pretty much my idea of a perfect Beetle.
You can call me Al.