14 years ago

Slamwerks uk :roll: WTF.

'50 Karmann wrote:

other than the beam...:wink:
Car less.....
GKL 7
14 years ago
Why The Standard wheel on a deluxe car?
Apart from the Stance it looks an OK car,but with one pic who can say.
Standard split
14 years ago
Pre August '55 RHD Ovals are becoming very attractive – yes even to me – with their ribbed doors, chunky locks and split-window solidness. A great option to a RHD Split which unless converted is a rare beast indeed.

But why, oh why have so many of these cars been 'slammed' :evil:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Ovalbug
14 years ago

But why, oh why have so many of these cars been 'slammed' :evil:

Standard split wrote:

IMHO it's The Emperors New Clothes Effect :lol: .
Nice car, judging by the solitary pic, spoilt by that stupid stance 😞 .
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
This car was in the For Sale area at Stanford Hall on Sunday. Lovely original interior and such an early UK car, but the bodywork is in a desperate state.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
64rotbox
13 years ago
That's putting it mildly. I'm sure it had a £7500 price tag on it there, as well. Still, lots of people (mostly with the arse of their jeans hanging around their knees and facial piercings) were giving it 'much respect' for having a totally smashed in front valance, so I guess the massive patches of rot under the paint don't matter in 2010...
You can call me Al.
Ovalbug
13 years ago
I had a quick look on Sunday as well, the owner appeared to be sleeping :!: in the car at the time so couldn't really look too closely :lol: .
Was a bit puzzled about the lack of the dash-mounted starter button though given that it's a '53, and was rather surprised about the tatty condition of it generally, especially with the current asking price.
Why fit a lowered beam etc when the bodywork's in a such a state?

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
Ovaltine
13 years ago

I had a quick look on Sunday as well, the owner appeared to be sleeping :!: in the car at the time so couldn't really look too closely :lol: .
Was a bit puzzled about the lack of the dash-mounted starter button though given that it's a '53, and was rather surprised about the tatty condition of it generally, especially with the current asking price.
Why fit a lowered beam etc when the bodywork's in a such a state?

Ovalbug wrote:

The rat look is fine - but there must be limits to how far you can let a car deteriorate :evil:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Ovalbug
13 years ago

Damn :evil:
RHD '53s seem to be as common as muck these days...............:lol: :lol:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
69project
13 years ago
on vzi the car is now 5999.99
Car less.....
Caledfryn
13 years ago
Sorry, but I looked at the poor thing at Stanford and frankly, it looked a bit if a heap.

It would have been a bit expensive at half that IMHO
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Sorry, but I looked at the poor thing at Stanford and frankly, it looked a bit if a heap.

It would have been a bit expensive at half that IMHO

Caledfryn wrote:

To be fair, I have to agree. The front quarter panels were in an absolutely desperate state and the bodywork in general will need masses of attention to keep it alive in the coming years. I hope the seller gets what he is asking for it price-wise, but in my (very limited) experience of buying Beetles, I would imagine a price that is half of the current asking price would be 'about right'.

The owner kindly sent the body, chassis and engine numbers to me. The body has a '53 number which is a bit odd due to the '54 features.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.