13 years ago
Cool, thanks for those... 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
13 years ago
Here's a TDE with the return going into the pedestal, so maybe this works ok?  pict0008hq0.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  TDEMotor.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
13 years ago
What about the front most fuel pump stud? I cant think if this goes through (with some drilling) or if it hits something solid..?

William
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Don't think my bolt is long enough...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Pretty sure I´ve seen a pedestal stud with a hole through the middle of it used as a return.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
vicpolky
13 years ago

Pretty sure I´ve seen a pedestal stud with a hole through the middle of it used as a return.

JD wrote:

Took a close-up for you today, hope it helps...

UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Been away all week on holiday, need to crack on with the rebuild tomorrow...:beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
LoveBug
13 years ago
couple of photos of dad building his engine  11t5vyv.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  w6zcw3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  esohzn.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
My Dad needs a Hebmuller ;D
im quite obsessed with herbie..
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

couple of photos of dad building his engine

LoveBug wrote:

Yup, a couple of bits left to sort out and it'll be ready to go back in 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
13 years ago
:shock: Funny how you get a mental image of someone on a forum and they never look like it in real life :d

Oh Engine looks superb by the way !!
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

:shock: Funny how you get a mental image of someone on a forum and they never look like it in real life :d

Oh Engine looks superb by the way !!

Sunroof53 wrote:

What did you think I would look like then? (and thanks!)

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
13 years ago

What did you think I would look like then? (and thanks!)

pre67vw wrote:

I think it was because at Stanford a couple of years ago i was chatting to someone and the guy pointed and said "thats Rob over there" clearly ,i was looking at the wrong person :oops:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

I think it was because at Stanford a couple of years ago i was chatting to someone and the guy pointed and said "thats Rob over there" clearly ,i was looking at the wrong person :oops:

Sunroof53 wrote:

So all this time you thought I was young, thin and handsome... :lol: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
13 years ago
Engine looks tidy Rob.
Not into modification at all,so i'm going to ask what might be a stupid question....Why are some Fram filters Orange and some Blue,what's the difference and what's correct?:oops:
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Engine looks tidy Rob.
Not into modification at all,so i'm going to ask what might be a stupid question....Why are some Fram filters Orange and some Blue,what's the difference and what's correct?:oops:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Oh my God...don't ask that question.[-x I was engaged in one of the most pointless discussions/arguments on the Samba on this topic. Some people won't see the obvious even if it were to bite them on the bum.:roll:

I post a link George if you really want to read it.

John.
GKL 7
13 years ago

Oh my God...don't ask that question.[-x I was engaged in one of the most pointless discussions/arguments on the Samba on this topic. Some people won't see the obvious even if it were to bite them on the bum.:roll:

I post a link George if you really want to read it.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Maybe ignorance IS bliss if it's one of those types of threads:wink: :lol:
Does it give a definate answer John, or just conflicting points of view.
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Maybe ignorance IS bliss if it's one of those types of threads:wink: :lol:
Does it give a definate answer John, or just conflicting points of view.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Basically Orange: Fram USA...Blue: Fram Germany. Both the same size take the same internal filter.

Purist said Okrasa: Blue Fram...until someone came up with a colour picture of Gerard Ottinger standing behind a bench testing of an Okrasa with an Orange Fram. Both are correct.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144413 
John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Yep, I read that thread - what fun!!

Blue is original, anything else is absolutely wrong. You would have thought that Mr Oettinger would have known this back in the day...

what about these cool orange oil lines though, anyone seen those on a car since?  683629.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Yep, I read that thread - what fun!!

pre67vw wrote:

Yep...and I locked it.:lol:

John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
Engine is back in, bit of a tight fit... still need to put the exhaust and heat exchangers on, so can't see if it starts yet  IMG_8530.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW