55Kab
13 years ago

Si,has the car ever been repainted or is the paint original,and is it just the one front wing that is non original and has it been welded and do you want to sell it:lol:
I like that and it would be great with a big ass turbo motor slung out back.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I saw where you were going so fixed your reply. :lol: :beer:

55Kab
13 years ago

UserPostedImage

i do feel its kind of old school type of feel

69project wrote:

Absolutely. Don't change a thing Si, it looks great like it is. A fantastic example of true, true patina and it just works with the wheels as they're something interesting out of the norm.

oval56
13 years ago
cool ride, keep it as it is (beside adjusment on the rear :lol: )

:beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
pre67vw
13 years ago
I like it, it looks pretty old-speed. Nice to see some different wheels for a change.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
69project
13 years ago
it does now sit much better at the back now the front is down,i do love the rake it has

just need to get it running right as it sounds like im firing blanks as i drive at the moment

does anyone have any tips re the crash gearbox,im struggling!

the wheels came from steve gilbert,i like to be different....

if i cant get on with it then im considering an oval on vzi or that nice black one in auction 😎
Car less.....
ianmac
13 years ago

69project wrote:

I find watch the little red markers on the speedo and don't change up to early, you will soon get the 'knack' 😎

p.s car looks ace:wink:
oval56
13 years ago

it does now sit much better at the back now the front is down,i do love the rake it has

just need to get it running right as it sounds like im firing blanks as i drive at the moment

the wheels came from steve gilbert,i like to be different....

if i cant get on with it then im considering an oval on vzi or that nice black one in auction 😎

69project wrote:

driving a crashbox is much fun and needs time, the easyest way to start is if your speedo has the original red marks on it the shift marks...

shifting up, dubble clutch...(cold gearbox less time, warm gearbox more time) shifting down let go the speed down to the shuft mark, -> press clutch full trhottle (short), and shift down... you hear it if you go wrong 🙂 easy is from 4 down to 3, 3 down to 2 is the kings class also 2 -1 (never in normal use)

engine original or other engine installed

i would never convert it to a later gearbox....
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
69project
13 years ago
thanks for the advice,will try again at the weekend!
Car less.....
55Kab
13 years ago

does anyone have any tips re the crash gearbox,im struggling

69project wrote:

Junk it and got go for Berg5... :lol:

:oops: ok, I'll get me coat.....

69project
13 years ago

Junk it and got go for Berg5... :lol:

:oops: ok, I'll get me coat.....

55Kab wrote:

anymore of that and they will ban you :wink:
Car less.....
mrsherbie
13 years ago

driving a crashbox is much fun and needs time
i would never convert it to a later gearbox....

oval56 wrote:

I agree, the crashbox makes every successful smooth gearchange an exciting self rewarding personal victory, that is pointed out to any and all passengers in my car at the time :lol: Thats fun in itself! ( well for me, maybe not so the passengers :lol: )
My 50 gearbox works great with my 34hp. But I think my gearbox is in great og shape, maybe if it was very worn it would probably not be so much fun, but I have not driven a bad one yet to know.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
13 years ago
On the samba,so that must be in dollars,i'll take it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1006674 
Rhodrich
13 years ago

On the samba,so that must be in dollars,i'll take it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1006674 

'50 Karmann wrote:

In what sense is it a 'survivor' though? Looks to me that it's fallen prey to the lowering and Carlos Fandango wheel curse, so hasn't survived in stock form......
69project
13 years ago
u guys miss nothing!

survivor....means its survived this long,no repro parts here :wink:

if you bought it i could fit the original wheels back on for you....at least they are not fuchs!

i dont really want to sell as ive enjoyed using it out in the sun today but somebody wants to move and also something a bit more useable
Car less.....
Ovaltine
13 years ago

In what sense is it a 'survivor' though? Looks to me that it's fallen prey to the lowering and Carlos Fandango wheel curse, so hasn't survived in stock form......

Rhodrich wrote:

Agree, it's a dent in the car's history - that it has been messed with and no longer a true untouched 'survivor' - sorry :!:
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
69project
13 years ago

Agree, it's a dent in the car's history - that it has been messed with and no longer a true untouched 'survivor' - sorry :!:

Ovaltine wrote:

so hurtful...lol!
Car less.....