GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Am i always reminded of a train when i see this done to a car
Narrowed beams PMLOL.
BTW that's a solid '51:roll: 😳  jamb17.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
64rotbox
13 years ago
Shite.

Next.
You can call me Al.
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Bezzin'
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
It looks broken. I can understand doing it to get the wheels to fit under the arches properly, but not this extreme. Looks weird.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Si Med
13 years ago
I cant comment on the suspension :lol:

but whats the score with it being attacked with marker pens!?
54 UK rhd
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago
For my part slammed cars in general have that look that they're carrying an unseen elephant on the roof.

You may not be able to see it now but as you get older and wiser the elephant begins to make itself more and more visable...and more ridiculous.
John.
oval56
13 years ago
:roll: :roll: ...if i see stock cars in stock ridehight i always think about this:
stock.... 

and i do not want to do this...[-x

why is it not posible to accept that someone do want lower their cars... if you get a closer look on this rice youe would see that nothing is damaged or cut to lower it that way...

i get sick of seeing splits or ovals with later "offroad" fenders in front ... that looks ugly.:twisted: :lol:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

:roll: :roll: ...if i see stock cars in stock ridehight i always think about this:
stock.... 

and i do not want to do this...[-x

why is it not posible to accept that someone do want lower their cars... if you get a closer look on this rice youe would see that nothing is damaged or cut to lower it that way...

i get sick of seeing splits or ovals with later "offroad" fenders in front ... that looks ugly.:twisted: :lol:

oval56 wrote:

I don't mind lowered Andi...it's the extremes I don't like. Ask yourself if anyone fitted a 6" narrowed beam because it looks good...I don't think so. They have a 6" narrowed beam because, (as they have their car so ridiculously low)it's the only way they can turn a corner.
John.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
There is a big difference Andi.
You haven't taken the stance of your Heb too far,unlike the first picture of the '51.
It's like the difference between a photograph and a cartoon.
Si Med
13 years ago
WHY? the negativity more to the point tho.. this topic is purely about someones opinion on a topic which will no doubt cause aggravation!

54 UK rhd
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

WHY? the negativity more to the point tho.. this topic is purely about someones opinion on a topic which will no doubt cause aggravation!

Si Med wrote:

WHY? Do you believe people don't have differing opinions on every subject know to man. What makes Slammmed VWs so special that they shouldn't attract diverse comment.
John.
Si Med
13 years ago

WHY? Do you believe people don't have differing opinions on every subject know to man. What makes Slammmed VWs so special that they shouldn't attract diverse comment.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

I didn't say people were not entitled to one, but why start a hate topic? I don't see other forums hating on stock height, they just accept what they like...

After the problems with arguments on this forum recently, do Rob a favour keep topics posotive?!

54 UK rhd
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

a hate topic

Si Med wrote:

So any topic started, expressing differences in peoples taste can be seen as provoking hate?

What is the point of having a discussion forum,if we all have to agree 100% with each
other 100% of the time?That way there would be no discussion,so end of story.

The thread was started because in my opinion that car looks silly, and has been spoilt. I don't expect everyone to agree with me,i'm not that naive.
No hate,i just don't agree with what's been done to it. If i did agree with it i would be posting on a modified forum,expressing it's virtues.But before that had happened, i would have given up on life itself:lol: :lol:
Caledfryn
13 years ago
I agree with George on this one.

It looks ridiculous and it's not as if we're tripping over solid early cars at the moment. I don't mind too much if mods are reversible, or have been done whilst they saving up for the full resto, however, the poor bloody car will have shaken itself to bits by the time that moment comes to pass.

Another fashion victim (the car I mean!)
oval56
13 years ago
it is not only a short frontbeam that make that look... the offset of the rims came also into the game (52mm) so 6 inch are 15cm ..and if you want to drive that low without (!!!) damaging anything of the car you have to do this in that way... all otheres have to cut sidewalls or headlightbuckets or reshape early fenders... and that is the point, we do not want to damaga original material, so cuting up a frontbeam WITHOUT cutting or hammering anything else will keep the old shit as it should be.

also to compensate the drop spindels (12mm per side more if you mount drop spindels)

tastes are different, but i do only see guys wich see always a problem in lowering and nitpickin the cars of others wich are lowerd or have an extreme look... that is what we not do on stock cars.. we respect them...:wink:

UserPostedImage
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Si Med
13 years ago
I love that heb!!
Heres my oval on a narrowed beam.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
54 UK rhd
oval56
13 years ago
nice car and nice shot's!

diamondgreen or?

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Si Med
13 years ago
Cheers :d , and yep although it has had a partial re-spray in the past so its accuracy may be off.

54 UK rhd
oval56
13 years ago
my ex 57 diamondgreen :beer: :wink:

UserPostedImage
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Si Med
13 years ago
Love it :beer: :d
54 UK rhd