southerndeluxe
14 years ago
just comeback from heritage going to swap the rear window so im onthelook out for a rear screen and rear grill section for a 60>64 if any one has one..
fell in love with mikes oval and the oval rag that were there
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

just comeback from heritage going to swap the rear window so im onthelook out for a rear screen and rear grill section for a 60>64 if any one has one..
fell in love with mikes oval and the oval rag that were there

southerndeluxe wrote:

You the man!:beer: :d

You´ll get a few quid for the split section too. It all helps!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
cheers but i think it will look good hanging on my wall till i decide to either sell it or put it in another beetle????? never say never pick my nos doors up sunday hell yer........
mrsherbie
14 years ago
We have a nos 'update' rear window section somewhere, but I would have to ask him indoors as I think its for hoarding not selling, kind of too good to actually use :lol: A section cut from a scrap car will certainly be far cheaper, might have one I will find out.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
thank you would be good if you have as i realy want to put turkis back to og speck the nos would be lovely but a good used will do hope to hear from you soon thank you regards rick
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

spare time:d

'50 Karmann wrote:

What's that?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well i hope you do find some time to find some goodies out there and of couse keep us all informed of them lol i would like either a split rag or a oval vert next (lets get the turkis out the way first) :lol: :lol: :beer:
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well hi everyone and may i start by wishing you all a very happy new year lets hope 2010 is your year,
well the bug has a new place to be worked on ive got myself a nice dry warm workshop so the project can realy get going now, will keep you all posted
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well its a new year and ive decided its time to get this bug done ive managed to locate a complete rear section and floor pans thanks bill will be up this weekend coming to collect. my plan is to crack on with the floor pan need to locate a good nepolion hat section as both ends of mine have rotted out???? out come mr shot blast all down to bare metal best way pics to follow. my beam is in very good condition im going to remove steering box then attack with wire wheel on me grinder strip to bare metal and paint the beam that is give the steering box a good going over and paint and refit.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Good decision. I love Turkis cars and ragtops.
UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago

58,000 miles from new to be precise and in VERY original condition. The shell is going to be used for a lightweight race car project. All the bits have been sold off now.

Rich Oakley wrote:

The gearshifter is on ebay Rick. Maybe you need that Turkis coloured boot?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1960-VW-BEETLE-GEARSTICK-AND-IVORY-KNOB-TURQOUISE-BLUE_W0QQitemZ220562254606QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335a88eb0e 

Anyway, made any progress?

Benjamin
13 years ago
What a great project.

So what is the story with the Turkis 61's? Anyone know any more?
Did they all come with painted interior etc? What date did this continue until?

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

What a great project.

So what is the story with the Turkis 61's? Anyone know any more?
Did they all come with painted interior etc? What date did this continue until?

Benjamin wrote:

On the Turkis cars, the odd interior colours (floormats, rubber boots, kick panels, grab handles) etc. were only used from 1st August 1960 until 28th Feb 1961!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Benjamin
13 years ago
Thanks, Rich!

Was it just the Turkis models that had these one off colour combinations?
Interested in the history behind these changes.

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Thanks, Rich!

Was it just the Turkis models that had these one off colour combinations?
Interested in the history behind these changes.

Benjamin wrote:

Black, Ruby Red and Gulf Blue 61s had the 'normal' colour parts. Turkis and Pastel Blue had these 'one year only' parts for 7 months until 28/2/61. Beryl Green and Pearl White '61s had the 'one year only' parts for the entire duration of the '61 model year (Aug '60 to Jul '61). Normality was resumed in August '61 for the '62 model year on all cars except Beryl Green which still had it's odd colour parts for the '62/'63 model years.
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
hi all sorry for the long delay in up dates there has been a lot of bad things happening in my life so the bug has not had any more done to it since april??? it will be moving on to it new home next week, i hope well apart from finding out the misses had cheated on me now my ex misses and my health taking a 2nd turn for the worse ie my lung tumors came back with avengonce so now im all nuclered up lets hope ive got it this time so i now have some time whilest im signed of to get on with the bug i want to go to the volksworld show with it next year?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see if money and health can let me hope everyone is all well. GOOD TO BE BACK
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Blimey! I´m sure things will take a turn for the better now though. Keep us posted.:beer:
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
i do hope so they recon were i got so low and stressed from the ex it slowed me body down and the big c came back with avengance but good old radiation bless it well im a fighter and will be back to full power v soon and thebug is going to be done
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
well got the transporter all booked the bug will have a new home on tuesday ready for me to start the work :roll: :d i can't wait??? i started fiddling with some bits last night started with the steering wheel wich was/is badly cracked so im going to restore it back to its full life can anyone tell mewhat are they made off ie the covering on the wheel.
i started to sand the wheel doen ready to repair???? pics will follow.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Black, Ruby Red and Gulf Blue 61s had the 'normal' colour parts. Turkis and Pastel Blue had these 'one year only' parts for 7 months until 28/2/61. Beryl Green and Pearl White '61s had the 'one year only' parts for the entire duration of the '61 model year (Aug '60 to Jul '61). Normality was resumed in August '61 for the '62 model year on all cars except Beryl Green which still had it's odd colour parts for the '62/'63 model years.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Thanks for that Rich. That´s one of those "always wanted to know that" things.
Pastel blue cars had darker blue parts - what was on the white cars as a contrasting colour? Was it a sort of brick red?

The other thing I wondered was if there were any cabrios with these coloured parts? Or were Karmann not playing the game? I had the remains of a Beryl green cabrio that seemed to have green bits on it, but it was too un-original to be sure if they came on the car.

Glad to hear that things are progressing Southerndeluxe. Look forwards to seeing pics.
UserPostedImage