heb623
13 years ago

Oh! we may aswell just restore the whole car:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Oh George you devil!!:evil:
I might have something in my left pocket for you!!:shock:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
13 years ago

I might have something in my left pocket for you!!:shock:

heb623 wrote:

:lol:
I hope you are well my friend:wink:
zelensis61
13 years ago

Peter is this a picture of Et's heb you used to show JD the welds???
I ask, because i see it is full of Bondo:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'50 Karmann wrote:

George, You must know that I am not alowed to use picts of Et's Heb for education purpose.
He whould probably says that I need to pay him royalty's....:beer:

Besides, this part is from an early Hebmuller....Et's owns one of the younger Hebs...
Like you compaire a Karmann split convert and a karmann 1979, 1303 convert...
First year of production and last year of production...:lol:
Greets.

I just can not make my mind up on what to do....I want a type 14a, but due to the overwhelming numbers on offering hebmullers I can not chose.:roll: wich one I will buy.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
13 years ago

I just can not make my mind up on what to do....I want a type 14a, but due to the overwhelming numbers on offering hebmullers I can not chose.:roll: wich one I will buy.

zelensis61 wrote:

Yes,that one is a big problem.
It's just so hard to decide.
brille52
13 years ago

I just can not make my mind up on what to do....I want a type 14a,

zelensis61 wrote:

Thatswhy I say : BUILD ONE ! I know FOR SURE, you can do that! Then,at least, you can choose the colour YOU LIKE !!!! :wink:

a8)
heb623
13 years ago
[quote=zelensis61]
Besides, this part is from an early Hebmuller....Et's owns one of the younger Hebs...
Like you compaire a Karmann split convert and a karmann 1979, 1303 convert...
First year of production and last year of production...:lol:
quote]

To Peter: Start of production or end of construction, what does that matter?
Atleast I can say I have a Hebmuller!!!
Its stil better to have one of the end of production
than to have none of the beginning of prodution!!!!

To George: In case you were wondering what was in my other(right)pocket?

Ask Peter he is going to get it!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

GKL 7
13 years ago

Ask Peter he is going to get it!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

heb623 wrote:

Yeah!!That's not right Et saying your Heb is like a 1303:lol: :lol: :lol:
zelensis61
13 years ago
Thanks for the input of all of you ... Even ET's input is precious:beer:

I have made up my mind and I will try it.
Now I am off to my shop and think on how I can start...8)
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
13 years ago
Don't!:shock:

ET:twisted:
pp
  • pp
13 years ago

I have made up my mind and I will try it.
Now I am off to my shop and think on how I can start...8)

zelensis61 wrote:

Well Peter... later, when your own 'personal Heb' is ready, we will look back to this topic for the date of 20th of November, the day you have started building your 14a from scratch ;-)

Succes with this project, if there's one person who can do it, it must be you 😎

Regards,
Paul

www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
zelensis61
13 years ago
[quote=heb623
To Peter: Start of production or end of construction, what does that matter?
Atleast I can say I have a Hebmuller!!!
Its stil better to have one of the end of production
than to have none of the beginning of prodution!!!!

I agree ET, You have indeed a Hebmuller, a real one, Bought cheap :lol: and restored precious ( even twice :wink: ) . A very fine and correct car. And I love it.

If I succeed, I will have a simular looking car, made with my own hands in my barn.
The difference is that the joy to make plans, parts, trying to create it and hopefull finish it, is more satisfying I guess and hope.

And Iff I can finish it, I will never ever tell someone that it is a real Hebmuller or an original type 14a.[-x It will be just a replica of the original replica. ( as a heb is in fact a recplica from the radclyff roadster..:lol:

Now before I start, I need to find out what was ET Hiding in his pocket..?:shock:

vintagevw
13 years ago
You won't feel any diffrence when you driving it, so much fun! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
13 years ago
Peter
I have a picture of what Et has in his pocket for you,i don't know your e-mail and i don't think PM's will take pictures.And i'm not posting it here:oops:

One thing that has come to my attention over you building your own Heb replica.If you of all people can not find a real Hebmuller for youself,how the hell can i find one:cry:
zelensis61
13 years ago
George, The first one that show up for sale you have a mail...Iff I know it is for sale. Not like the last 3 that are sold and only knew when they were delivered.

You can send Et's gift to type14a(at)live.be :?

The idea of making one came when I found this part somewhere....:shock:  part 14-802.777.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
13 years ago
Thankyou Peter.
I have forwarded Et's gift for you:wink:
55Kab
13 years ago

as a heb is in fact a recplica from the radclyff roadster

zelensis61 wrote:

Well then Peter, if you're going to all this trouble, why don't you make a replica of the radclyff roadster? That would be cool and as far as I'm aware has never been done before.

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Well then Peter, if you're going to all this trouble, why don't you make a replica of the radclyff roadster? That would be cool and as far as I'm aware has never been done before.

55Kab wrote:

Hebster 52 on here has been building one for a long time. Will be good if he gets it done.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago

Hebster 52 on here has been building one for a long time. Will be good if he gets it done.

JD wrote:

photos?

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
https://medlem.spray.se/hebster52/The%20Hebster52.html 

Well, Heb prototype replica. Not Radclyffe car. My mistake.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
13 years ago
I know Kristian is making the Hebster...I like it.
I also know that in the States a guy is trying to make a radclyffe roadster copy. Not sure how far he is.
I also know some pretty good looking replica's that are made all over the world.

My mind is set....I'll go for it.

So , the pict I posted here above of part 14-802.777 is not from an original part but made by me. It was something that I did to try out:? .
Now I'll try to post some picts of the progress here if anyone is interested to see them. Just let me know.:wink:

The first part that I try to copy is the air intake...It is a part that is not that simple to make. Here is the start of what I am up to...
Please do not point the mistakes:oops: .. I know how to weld but sometimes the result is not like you want it to be. Trial and error I guess.

I start with some air intake from a 1303 engine cover, but only the outside part of the 4 intake groups. These are already unde a certain angle on the outside. Cut them, use the center part to get them at the right length and then weld them in the center using a wooden buck on wich wooden spacer are nailed to help the lining and prevent wrapping...Once the welds are done, the grinding took place causing also wrapping...

The result is : burnt fingers, burnt Buck, lots of wrap, lots of grinding and a silly and useless result...:x

air intake 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  air intake 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  air intake 3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.