joshhayes
18 years ago
um, last time i closed the front bonnet after filling it up with petrol i had to give it a little bit of a slam to close it, now it wont open 😞 does anyone one know of another way to release the bonnet? maybe from underneath or something?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
18 years ago
Have a look in The Technical Help section.
There's a topic called "Please help, my boot lid is stuck" which might help you. (It's the 10th one down at the moment).

😃
joshhayes
18 years ago
well, i cut through it:( and i got the bottom half to unscrew, but the top half is just spinning. now i think im in big trouble
six-o-one
18 years ago
Oh dear :cry:

If it has undone a little before starting to spin, you may be able to hold the bolt still with the blade of a screwdriver held against the thread.

Also, if you can get your glovebox out of the way you can reach into the front and unbolt the bonnet from the hinge on one side. This may give you enough room to get something into the front to stop the bolt spinning.

I hope you can sort it out! :?
joshhayes
18 years ago
success!
before i read your last post i took to the remains of the handle with my power drill and i got i nice hole to drill out the thread of the bolt. and i just happen to have a spare handle in a bucket of bit and pieces that i was given with the car. but i think i will have to replace the locking mechanism inside the bonet because when i try to fit the 'pin' into it, it doesnt click into place and i can see that the previous owner has tryed to do some repairs on it and its all a bit of a mess down there. anyway thanks for all the help and happy v-dubbin'