chthemonkey
13 years ago
hi
im new to pre67vw im just after some info on split front beams. When did they stop useing short shocks and how hard are they to convert to rhd. i need to source a pretty complete on for my 51 rhd
thanks
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rhodrich
13 years ago
There's no difference between LHD and RHD, as there's no stop for the steering box, and no steering damper on these early beams.

I've got a scrap one with rotten shock towers (bare), if you were happy with something to restore.

I've also got a pair of NOS short shocks if you were interested.
chthemonkey
13 years ago
thanks for that about the info on split beams. do you have any pics and a price for the shocks. im after a good/desent beam because im turning mine back to stock after beeing hit with the lowering stick.
thanks
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

im after a good/desent beam because im turning mine back to stock after beeing hit with the lowering stick.
thanks

chthemonkey wrote:

Hey good for you :beer: :d
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Mr Coopers old SA split? Be nice to see it goes 'back up'. 😎

William
chthemonkey
13 years ago
im picking up a july/august 51 engine and 49 deluxe gearbox in about a month from france need rebuilding but there complete down to half shafts on the gearbox and mushroom air cleaner on the engine only thing missing is the coil and spark leads.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Looking forward to seeing it put back to original!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
workingclass
13 years ago
PM send regarding a complete split beam:wink:
chthemonkey
13 years ago
hi thanks everyone for the info ive managed to pick up a 52 short shock beam it been unmodefied but has been cut half way along the top and bottom trailing arms. Its got it short shock absorbers that dont look in bad condition but the guy i got it from doent now how long its been stood for
thanks everyone
61 Devon
13 years ago
I have the complete front brake assemblies, and the rear brake drums of Steve's old 51 RHD if intrested. Are sitting in the shed waiting return to the car !
Drop me an E-mail if intrested [email protected]
Have pictures some where as wellif required.
Regards
Si