GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Made the year i was born......Oh! i wish  biga.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  bigb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
69project
13 years ago
wow,i really would like a 356 but an impending first child and a house deposit i have no chance til later in life!
Car less.....
55Kab
13 years ago
won't be as much fun as a black oval with a 2.3 stuffed in the back... :wink:

heb623
13 years ago
It's bought!!!:shock:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago
Beautiful ! Look's Like Ex Maxted Page Car.
"Mr Stock"
brille52
13 years ago

won't be as much fun as a black oval with a 2.3 stuffed in the back... :wink:

55Kab wrote:

I am so sorry, but this isn`t true ![-x :wink:

a8)
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
Another in NYC....Coopers Classics.
Both cars are POA....I dare not ask:lol:  3361178.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  3361180.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  3361184.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
2splits
13 years ago
Its a slippery slope, but a fun one!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
mrsherbie
13 years ago
my only observation, when we were looking, I was VERY sceptical of all 356's on chrome (99% time cheap repro) wheels.
All dealers in 356's seem to instantly swap out the og wheels for 2 reasons, 1. instant 'glamour' to most onlookers 2. with pre55/6 cars, as og 16"s are now SO valuable that most potential buyers will either not notice/or not be bothered.
I know for a fact some dealers always remove the 16's and put on 15's before they sell a car on.

Some people use the drivability excuse for the swap, but thats rubbish on a preA when you can buy new avons & michelins to fit.

Having researched at the time how hard it was to find a complete set of og 16's, we decided only to buy a car that was still wearing them, as it was also a good indicator that more other parts on the car would also be og. restored or not.

However for an A it does'nt matter as 15's are so much easier and cheaper to find, so it would'nt put us off those so much.

I would'nt dream of wearing mangels on scrappy old beetles, so wonder why would anyone be happy to wear them on their 20k up porsche.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

my only observation, when we were looking, I was VERY sceptical of all 356's on chrome (99% time cheap repro) wheels.
All dealers in 356's seem to instantly swap out the og wheels for 2 reasons, 1. instant 'glamour' to most onlookers 2. with pre55/6 cars, as og 16"s are now SO valuable that most potential buyers will either not notice/or not be bothered.
I know for a fact some dealers always remove the 16's and put on 15's before they sell a car on.

Some people use the drivability excuse for the swap, but thats rubbish on a preA when you can buy new avons & michelins to fit.

Having researched at the time how hard it was to find a complete set of og 16's, we decided only to buy a car that was still wearing them, as it was also a good indicator that more other parts on the car would also be og. restored or not.

However for an A it does'nt matter as 15's are so much easier and cheaper to find, so it would'nt put us off those so much.

I would'nt dream of wearing mangels on scrappy old beetles, so wonder why would anyone be happy to wear them on their 20k up porsche.

mrsherbie wrote:

Need to have a talk to you about these things(356's) Anna.
You and Matt could be a great help.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
:beer:  1142.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  1975.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
13 years ago
prefer the silver one. They just don't look right in red IMHO

55Kab
13 years ago

Need to have a talk to you about these things(356's) Anna.
You and Matt could be a great help.

'50 Karmann wrote:

forget all that, I just want to know if that's Anna in her avatar :!: :lol:

mrsherbie
13 years ago
You should pop round to Matts to crawl about inside and under his ( its a super car) as he is a bit nearer you I think? (ie you are both oop north (ie. north of the M25) :lol: will pm you

forget all that, I just want to know if that's Anna in her avatar :!: :lol:

55Kab wrote:

It has been joked that we have some similarities but I dont see it myself :? .. :lol:

Bridget Jones The Edge of reason 

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

(ie you are both oop north)

mrsherbie wrote:

Deep down,i just knew there was something RIGHT about Matt:lol: :lol: :lol:
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
Meisen Blue,oh!yes....  rsz_adsc0197.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rsz_adsc01980.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
59 Ragtop
13 years ago
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
:arrow:  100_2378.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  100_2390.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
:arrow:  rsz_1175.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rsz_1150.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
:arrow:  r3561.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  porsche-356-front-1_188.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  POR356053.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.