13 years ago
ORANGE ROCKS! :beer:

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
I like that Anna,never imagined an orange 356.But it looks great.
mrsherbie
13 years ago
Its a wow car in real life, and special order colour :

colours 

Reminds me of a NZ oval that belongs to a couple I know in Auckland, that is original bright orange paint from new :shock: I have crawled over the car convinced it could not have been painted orange in the 50s from new by vw!! (admittedly in NZ (or OZ) but it is real.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
This will end in tears:cry:  Audi_RS4_Porsche_356_695-650x433.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
13 years ago

This will end in tears:cry:

'50 Karmann wrote:

No it won't, that guy knows what he's doing and is to be commended for building something very different. It would be very dull world if every 356 was being restored back to stock...

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Is that the Audi V8 powered thing? Interesting build and no matter what you think, the guy has balls of steel to be cutting one of them up!:o
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

No it won't, that guy knows what he's doing and is to be commended for building something very different. It would be very dull world if every 356 was being restored back to stock...

55Kab wrote:

I thought he was referring to the 356 bodyshell, on casters, being dragged round a corner. :wink:
William
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

I thought he was referring to the 356 bodyshell, on casters, being dragged round a corner. :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

Glad someone round here noticed that Will.In storms modified Martin,all defensive:p
Towing a 356, up hill, round a corner, over rough concrete,on castors.i'd have said asking for trouble,but there you go.
55Kab
13 years ago

Glad someone round here noticed that Will.In storms modified Martin,all defensive:p
Towing a 356, up hill, round a corner, over rough concrete,on castors.i'd have said asking for trouble,but there you go.

'50 Karmann wrote:

sorry "DUDE" :wink: I did think that but as you're MR STOCK wrongly assumed you were concerned he was about to cut up a nice 356 in order to mid mount an Audi V8.....

mrsherbie
13 years ago

sorry "DUDE" :wink: I did think that but as you're MR STOCK wrongly assumed you were concerned he was about to cut up a nice 356 in order to mid mount an Audi V8.....

55Kab wrote:

Which would of course have been VERY WRONG! 😛 :lol:

rudolf hucker
13 years ago
There is a diesel powered 356 in the USA.
Kids taxi
13 years ago

won't be as much fun as a black oval with a 2.3 stuffed in the back... :wink:

55Kab wrote:

I beg to differ .... Having taken a trip in two high powered ovals , one with a Super 90 engine fitted and one with a turbo charged 2.2litre engine . Yes there fun but there are only so many times you get bored of look at me and my large throttle pedal :roll:

I have a very good friend who has a restored to stock 58 356 and its just pure bliss, he has made some sensible additions like modern koni shocks and better tyres but it is a completly different class.

The admiring looks the car gets is untrue :d :d At some point I will own my own 356 :thumbup:

KT

Im too Old for This
55Kab
13 years ago

I beg to differ .... Having taken a trip in two high powered ovals , one with a Super 90 engine fitted and one with a turbo charged 2.2litre engine . Yes there fun but there are only so many times you get bored of look at me and my large throttle pedal

Kids taxi wrote:

I understand what you're saying but at the end of the day it's horses for courses.

I'm a red blooded petrolhead and to quote Chris Harris who writes for EVO, "you can never have too much power". :wink:

55Kab
13 years ago

Which would of course have been VERY WRONG! 😛 :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

Oh come on Anna. Lets imagine a world where every classic Porsche or VW had been restored to stock condition :omg: Nah, not for me...too borrrrrrrrrringgggg.....ZZZZzzzzzzz

GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

Oh come on Anna. Lets imagine a world where every classic Porsche or VW had been restored to stock condition

55Kab wrote:

Martin,that is known as Utopia.
 rsz_55_porsche-356-cntntl-dv-10-cbs_01.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rsz_55-porsche-356-continental_dv-09g_c-002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

Oh come on Anna. Lets imagine a world where every classic Porsche or VW had been restored to stock condition :omg: Nah, not for me...too borrrrrrrrrringgggg.....ZZZZzzzzzzz

55Kab wrote:

I found it Martin,the one modified car i would have in my garage.It's fantastic,i love it.
 IMG_0351_Large.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago
Very Very Nice..............
"Mr Stock"
Si Med
13 years ago
Someone just got this beaut from ebay

UserPostedImage
54 UK rhd
pre67vw
13 years ago

Someone just got this beaut from ebay

UserPostedImage

Si Med wrote:

And by beaut, presumably you mean complete monster?

I saw that, WTH is it?

Looks home made to me, but at €100k and reserve not met then presumably it must be something?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW