Paul C
13 years ago
Hi,
Just registered - been lurking for a while:wink:
I have a question - can I post a wanted ad in the classifieds?
I am looking for a RHD oval - ragtop would be great (I know.....)originality important.

Have owned around 20 Beetles over the years, ranging from '65 up to a '79 vert.
Current project is a pearl white 66 1300 with red interior, which is almost finished.
Have owned it for 20 years, am the second keeper, and it has never been welded, but am now hankering after an oval.

Paul
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
13 years ago
Welcome ,I have a wanted ad myself in the classified so no problems there.I have had a couple of 66 beetles and both were origianally white with a red interior .I still own one of them but after owning a white fastback ,67 beetle and a 66 i decided this one had to be black.Its my modified car so i cant post here.Like you i have had it for over 21 years .
Can you post some pictures of your car?1966 was a peak year for sales in the UK but theres not many original ones around .Pearl white with the red interior must have been a popular choice in the UK .

Mike.
69project
13 years ago
everywhere seems very quiet on the sales side at the moment but you never know,maybe an ad in wanted section on volkzone may also help???
Car less.....
Last Triumph
13 years ago
RHD original rag... that's a nice thing for sure. Good look with your search.

As I've proved with my '57, if you're patient and make enough noise, it's amazing what can turn up if you're prepared to spend...

Keep us up to speed if you find something suitable.
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
GKL 7
13 years ago

everywhere seems very quiet on the sales side at the moment

69project wrote:

Agreed,very little coming up on the UK market.
Caledfryn
13 years ago
A 'white 66 1300 with a red interior you say? lol

Got one sitting in my garage - don't suppose you've got any spare red rubber mats have you or any other bits of interior?

Worth a punt!
Paul C
13 years ago
Sorry no spare bits of interior trim - I'm still looking for a good passenger door armrest (red).
Been looking on Oldbug at left hookers (with Judson superchargers), but really want a right hand drive - done the LHD thing with a Karmann Cab which was fun at the time until some uninsured numpty wrote it off for me:roll:
Have tried ads on the Samba, and other sites, and currently have ads on a couple of others, but there's very little around apart from cars requiring full resto, which I don't have the time to do.

Happy new year to you all !
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Sorry no spare bits of interior trim - I'm still looking for a good passenger door armrest (red).
Been looking on Oldbug at left hookers (with Judson superchargers), but really want a right hand drive - done the LHD thing with a Karmann Cab which was fun at the time until some uninsured numpty wrote it off for me:roll:
Have tried ads on the Samba, and other sites, and currently have ads on a couple of others, but there's very little around apart from cars requiring full resto, which I don't have the time to do.

Happy new year to you all !

Paul C wrote:

If your car is RHD, I have a very nice, boxed RHD Red armrest here...
https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=3097 

Somebody has provisionally 'reserved' it, but I haven't received payment yet.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Paul C
13 years ago
Thanks Rich,

If it is the one with the chrome / alloy trim on it I will take it if the other person doesn't buy it.
Please let me know.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
114 867 171
UserPostedImage

If I haven't received payment by tomorrow, I will let you know.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Paul C
13 years ago
Rich,

That's the one !
I'll wait to hear from you.