Lawrence
13 years ago
hello,

does somebody has any information about this car. It seems to be an australian VW based custom bodied car with okrasa?

Sorry I dont know how to put a pict in this.

Regards
Rene
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
13 years ago
https://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/1509745332/   fs_vw_day_027.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pbaptist
13 years ago
The total production for the Ascort was 19.

I know 4 of them, but probably more have survived.

The Okrasa engine is an option.

Patrick
ascort
13 years ago

The total production for the Ascort was 19.

I know 4 of them, but probably more have survived.

The Okrasa engine is an option.

Patrick

pbaptist wrote:

I own and am currently restoring an Ascort. Yes there were 19 cars built and to date 13 of the cars have been located and exist in various states of repair. One car was sent to California and it seems that this body was still in existence around 2000. It would be great to find this car if it still exists.
(Edit - I was later sent info that showerd that the car found in California was not an Ascort, so the count stays at 13.)

I look after an unofficial register of the cars and have been collecting and collating material over a number of years.

From what I have found I believe that all of the factory completed production cars had the Okrasa TSV 1300 fitted as standard, but I cannot be 100% sure on that point. The car designer (Mirek Craney) was the importer of Okrasa kits into Australia and the car's model name "TSV 1300" related to the stage of Okrasa kit.

Mark
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
ascort
13 years ago
Here are a couple Ascort pics for the thread.

My car is the centre car sitting on drums in the production photo. It was one of the first built and is under repair after accident damage.

The car in the right rear in the production shot with the bonnet up is the prototype car which is in some of the other pics. It can be identified in photos by the high door handle location. The car on the front left is a left hand drive prototype.

The man standing with the Ascort, under the Sydney Harbour Bridge (circa 1959) is the cars's designer Mirek Craney.

The damaged car is my car (circa 1960). This photo is obviously prior to the reapair shown in the other photo. The join line is clearly visible on my car when the paint is stripped off the front guard.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
ascort
13 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage