Daves61vdub
13 years ago
I am looking for the "factory setting" on the volume control screw on a Solex 28 pci fuel pump. I made an adjustment and now would like to know where the standard setting would be.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Dakota
13 years ago
Hi I don't know if there is a precise factory setting for the volume screw, but on your heading you have fuel pump volume, so is it the volume screw you want? A rough starting point is one and a half turns out that is you GENTLY screw the screw in until it stops on its seat then screw it out one and a half turns, once you have pursuaded the car to run and its warmed up with the auto choke off you set the idle a little higher than normal with the stop screw, go for 850-900 if you have a timing lamp with RPM on it or guess, then assuming its already kind of running you slowly screw the volume screw back in until the engine falters, you then turn it back out about a quarter to maybe half a turn so the idle comes back up you then set the idle using the stop screw, if for some reason it won't initially idle at all back the volume screw out a little further, HOWEVER the carburettor is the last thing you fiddle with after you have made sure the valves are adjusted correctly, you have good compression on all four cylinders and the ignition system is working as it should, Bill.
Daves61vdub
13 years ago
Thank you. This was very helpful.