• JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
W30 volksrod(stolen from the Samba)  rsz_582065.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

What about a Nissan Banana?

pre67vw wrote:

That's not a photoshop pic, that's an actual prototype spy pic taken by Rob (he works next door to Nissan's UK Research Centre).
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
356boy
14 years ago
this must be the best looking one

UserPostedImage

mozart
14 years ago
UserPostedImage

'57 Beeskow. Picture taken in '75 , Elysiann Park, Los Angeles CA.
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
If somebody out there can/would....

The "overflow" of Lawrence-Cabrios made me think... What would it look like if Rometsch decided to go with a trend in the car design-market... and actually build a Rometsch Lawrence Hatchback-type body variant??

You know....sort of 911, Buick Riviera, T3 Fastback...or many types of cars from this era... Just keeping the whole body and maybe windshield exactly as original....but just s totally different roof-line and door glass and engine lid... I think it would look great and very modern for 1957/58... Done in sort of the spirit of Der Wiger Coupe... all original and period correct.

1957 Rometsch Lawrence Hatchback Sport Coupe

Could anybody do such a photoshop?...just a straight sideview?
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Re my post above..

I could really find any good pre-1960 inspirational cars... but here are some not-so-good "theme cars" for what I am after... It needs to be a sporty looking one...to take off some the the "kindness" the original Lawrence expresses...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
How could I forget... Rometsch did build hatchbacks.. Although these are a little "pre-1955" in style... we need to be 1957/58-style for the "Lawrence Rometsch Hatchback Sport Coupe"...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Anybody up for the photoshop-challenge?
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Go on then - I´ll photoshop anything!Bring on the slagging off!:wink:
Need a good side profile of a lawrence though.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Quick one. This what you had in mind? This is perhaps more like what might have come out in 1961 or so.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago

Quick one. This what you had in mind?

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

That looks pretty cool! Would be a shame to modify a real Rometsch, but if you could make the whole thing...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Holey smokes!!! Fast and good....and free! I love pre67vw!

That looks great JD - very much what I had in mind... Could you try a version where the back corner of the rear side window curves the other way around as well? Like on the Hotschkins-car i posted a picture of?

Very cool! I realize it is very Volvo P1800-like also...which is not bad. I like it.

And how about some sort of air intake behind the rear side windows?

Thanks!

Oystein
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

That looks pretty cool! Would be a shame to modify a real Rometsch, but if you could make the whole thing...

pre67vw wrote:

Well..... Lawrence Cabrios "are everywhere" these days....

https://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=41897#post41897 
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Holey smokes!!! Fast and good....and free! I love pre67vw!

That looks great JD - very much what I had in mind... Could you try a version where the back corner of the rear side window curves the other way around as well? Like on the Hotschkins-car i posted a picture of?

Very cool! I realize it is very Volvo P1800-like also...which is not bad. I like it.

And how about some sort of air intake behind the rear side windows?

Thanks!

Oystein

SplitPersonality wrote:

Here you go. I had a little more time on it this time, (not just my lunch break) so i fixed up the photo a little bit better. Rather than a big scoop, I added a chrome cover behind the side windows, in the style of the B pillar cover on the Lawrence Coupes. You could maybe angle the side windows in a little to open up the air flow, its more subtle than sticking a scoop on the outside.

James

UserPostedImage

Even Rob couldn´t object if you started with this car! Or maybe...:twisted:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago

Even Rob couldn´t object if you started with this car! Or maybe...:twisted:

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

Perfect... :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pbaptist
13 years ago
Hi Rob,

Is that what you wanted to do with the car?
In that case I will reconsider if you can buy the car. :smile:

Patrick

SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Perfect... :thumbup:

pre67vw wrote:

Well...funny you should list this rear-end-damaged car as a possible donor. This rear-damage car is exactly the one that triggered my thought for such a project.

The picture of the damaged car shows #558 about 15 years ago when it came to Guido in Holland from Gabriel in California..

This picture shows #558 in the "sales ad" from Patrick today:

UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
And James: Thanks A LOT....You are a great photoshopper! I think it looks really great! The VW-Coachbuilt community needs exactly this car I think.....very period correct and very Rometsch-spirited...
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

And James: Thanks A LOT....You are a great photoshopper! I think it looks really great! The VW-Coachbuilt community needs exactly this car I think.....very period correct and very Rometsch-spirited...

SplitPersonality wrote:

Glad you like it. I think it looks almost Italian style. It would be amazing if it got built.

Say, is 558 a smooth sided car, or does it have the Rometsch "tick"? Can´t really tell from those photos!
UserPostedImage
pbaptist
13 years ago

Glad you like it. I think it looks almost Italian style. It would be amazing if it got built.

Say, is 558 a smooth sided car, or does it have the Rometsch "tick"? Can´t really tell from those photos!

JD wrote:

The 558 is a curved style car. My 561 is smooth style.
It would be nice to heck it, Al least than I can save all the NOS bodypanels that came with it:
UserPostedImage

Patrick