mrmagyar
13 years ago
Hi everyone,
I've just bought a new registration number for my Belgian '49 Standard I imported last April. It was given the number 808 XUW by the DVLA which I never liked so I decided to get something more appropriate. I really like it, it has a nice rounded sound to it which kind of mirrors the Beetle's shape. The plates by the way were from Frampton's and I'd recommend them, the service and quality are superb. They're white raised letters which doesn't show up on the photo's but as it was bucketing down I wasn't going to get the car out!
Cheers,
Andy.  002.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Lovely Andy!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Beautiful car. :beer:

The number is really nice, with a vintage looking plate too.:thumbup:

:smile: My '49 has that Belgium 'B' exact to yours.

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
vintagebug
13 years ago
Sorry Andy, but I had to smile when I saw your new number... OFL 49. "Awful 49"!! 😮

Seems ironic as it's such a lovely looking car!! :d :d

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
mrmagyar
13 years ago
Yes, some people pointed out that it reads 'offal' but I think it sounds nice! Some of the age related numbers with 49 in them were worth more than the car!
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
RoRoVw
13 years ago
Looks fantastic. Much better with that plate.
55Kab
13 years ago

Looks fantastic. Much better with that plate.

RoRoVw wrote:

x2.

I like the number Andy, good choice.

WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago
Look's Super & Great Number ! Well Done .
"Mr Stock"
Moto Linetti
13 years ago
Did you know the DVLA offer a service were you choose your own number and if they accept it,it is put to auction!
Howard81
13 years ago
Only of "never issued" numbers..
1966 Volkswagen 1300
1978 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1970 Triumph Spitfire IV
1962 Austin Seven
1962 MGA
1965 Mobylette SP50
Hawker
13 years ago
Yes, it's much better than the DVLA issued number.