JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Good grief... and all done in less time than it takes me to walk to the garage, open the door, decide not to do anything to my car and close it again.

Bloody lovely.

64rotbox wrote:

Yup! Beautiful.

It takes me longer than that to ruin something.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago

It's finished... :omg:

pre67vw wrote:

No it's not, the interior door handles have gone AWOL... :wink:

55Kab
13 years ago
Anyway...this is just fantastic:

I love the sound, think I've gone for the wrong engine/box combo in my 55 :rofl: 😳

Oh...and someone PLEASE tell me how you get a YT video to apprear ready to start as a screen in a post!!! I copied the embedded stuff whatever that is but it didn't work.

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Don't use the embed code. Place the normal link code inside the youtube code which you'll find as an option when you click [BB/] in the reply panel.
John.
54 Gertie
13 years ago

:wink:

William
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Don't use the embed code. Place the normal link code inside the youtube code which you'll find as an option when you click [BB/] in the reply panel.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Damn my slow fingers...:roll: :rofl:
William
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Damn my slow fingers...:roll: :rofl:

54 Gertie wrote:

One up to ME!!:p
John.
Rattletrap
13 years ago
A VW38 constructed quicker than I could have drawn one.:beer:

Amazing that the most famous Volkswagens seem to all be black split-window Beetles! :smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
13 years ago

…i notice the rear window has two ribs inside and a sharper profile on the inside too…

Rattletrap wrote:

Above from my post on page #1. It is rather different…:mellow:

:omg: What fascinates me is the door panels are the same as in my '47, which also has metal hand-rail front seats.:shock: :?
I'm a bit confussed:o  VW38 rear window.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  VW38 Door Panel.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Here's a picture of the driver's door on my unrestored '47 Beetle.

edit by pre67vw

I'm not suggestion that the Grundmann's panel isnt accurate though, just thought it was an interesting observation...

(you see how different that is?)

end of edit

:x Naughty Rob. 😳
 KdF door detail.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
13 years ago
UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago
A point that comes to mind about the VW38s is would they have all been identical.:?

For instance, the Tatra T97s were very much a hand-built car. The result being that no two were the same.

As the VW38 were test (prototype) cars, would it be unreasonable to consider that they may have also tried out different interior fabrics and designs to test durability for wear and tear.:mellow:

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

A point that comes to mind about the VW38s is would they have all been identical.:?

For instance, the Tatra T97s were very much a hand-built car. The result being that no two were the same.

As the VW38 were test (prototype) cars, would it be unreasonable to consider that they may have also tried out different interior fabrics and designs to test durability for wear and tear.:mellow:

Rattletrap wrote:

No they weren't all the same, as these were also hand made. But once they identified which one it was (#6) then you just need to make sure your reference material is also from #6. The good thing about these cars is that they were surrounded by a lot of press and propaganda, so a lot of photos exist if you know where to look.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago
some details...  IMG_6242.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6369.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6387.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6389.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6391.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6392.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago
I am still intrigued by the door panels on my '47 being similar to the reconstructed VW38. Also, they are screw fitted too, like the VW38s.:shock:

This 1947 Beetle is a largely unrestored car (albeit a repaint and bumper chroming has been undertaken many years ago). It has hand-rail seats too, but again different to the VW38s.:?

Although requiring some underbody welding, it appears to never had any done previously, so as '47s go is pretty well un-messed with and very original in metal. Not many '47s left now that have not undergone a rebuild to show condition.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

It has hand-rail seats too, but again different to the VW38s.:?

Rattletrap wrote:

The police Hebmüllers and Paplers had hand-rail seats as well, I guess they were the cheapest option.

The other thing to remember is that not every component on the prototypes was made especially for the car, they took some components from other production cars of the time.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
13 years ago

It has hand-rail seats too, but again different to the VW38s.:?

Rattletrap wrote:

Also, don't forget that the 47 came from Wolfsburg - the VW38 comes from 500km away in Stuttgart, there is nothing I could see on the 38 that is the same as a production car, so I'm not suprised at all that the seats are different from a car made 9 years later in a completely different place.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

… I'm not suprised at all that the seats are different from a car made 9 years later in a completely different place.

pre67vw wrote:

Yes but same but different, I've not seen a '46 or '47 with handrail seats.

Yep, the carpet edgings colour and fit are the same as in my '47 too.

Looks like I need to investigate my '47, if that's what it is. :?

38 Interior.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Bjoern
13 years ago

Yes but same but different, I've not seen a '46 or '47 with handrail seats.

Yep, the carpet edgings colour and fit are the same as in my '47 too.

Looks like I need to investigate my '47, if that's what it is. :?

Rattletrap wrote:

Even on my mangogreen 1959, the doorpanels look different... Please note the position of the inner door handle in the VW38 and your 1947 - so you should find out that you are talking about two absolutly different panels. But it is interesing, that your car has this liners
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Even on my mangogreen 1959, the doorpanels look different...

Bjoern wrote:

1959 is not a split-window Beetle and is a totally different car.:?

My '47 has a lot of similarities with the VW38 as I've mentioned. Then there's those KdF style seats it has…:wink: