rickvanr
18 years ago
Hello

This is my first post. My family has been in the auto body repair business for over 50 years. When my Grandfather started the business it used to also be a car dealership selling Mercedes and VW vehicles. We still have a large quantity of original VW Beetle parts, with a quick look I saw many hoods and fenders, but I'm told there are also a lot of smaller parts too.

We're looking to sell off the parts we currently have, would this be a good place to do so? If not, could you perhaps give me some contacts of places that would be?

I can be contacted at [email protected]🅱

🅱https://web.mac.com/rickvanr/iWeb/NOSVWPARTS/Welcome.html ðŸ…±

Thanks
Rick
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
18 years ago
Hi Rick,
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to sell any pre '67 VW stuff you have. There is a classifieds section on the main website:
https://www.pre67vw.co.uk/classifieds/ 

Look forward to seeing what parts you have for sale. 😎

six-o-one
2splits
18 years ago
Yes, take some pictures of what you have.

What kind of front hoods do you have? I'm looking for one for one of my cars.

Good luck!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
rickvanr
18 years ago
I was up taking pictures today and trying to catalogue what's up there. I managed to find a couple with part number's on them, so tomorrow I'm going to try and date them.

Here's a shot of the hoods I do have. They're in the back corner.

UserPostedImage 
2splits
18 years ago
I can only tell the one hood. Its a later hood. I'm looking for one that has a triangle on the inside where the hood emblem would go (but inside, not outside).
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
rickvanr
18 years ago
So that isn't the hood you're looking for? Or do you need me to take a picture of the underneath of it to know for sure?
2splits
18 years ago
The one I see is definately not what I am looking for.

The one I need has the triangle on the inside:

UserPostedImage
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
rickvanr
18 years ago
Hello

Does anyone know a place where I can find reliable prices for original VW parts, I have a feeling I'm being lowballed by many of the offers I've received thus far. Thanks
rickvanr
18 years ago
Hello

Does anyone know a place where I can find reliable prices for original VW parts, I have a feeling I'm being lowballed by many of the offers I've received thus far. Thanks
simonhanloncole
18 years ago
Stick them on E bay you'll then get the pice that people are prepared to pay, if they are new old stock parts then you should get some good responses.
Simon
pre67vw
18 years ago
The prices vary greatly depending on what you have, even for what apears to be the same item. The hood example above is a perfect example - to most people all the hoods look the same, but there are subtle differences which affect the price. Obviously people are prepared to pay more for rare items, especially in NOS condition.

No doubt people would like to score a bargain if they can!

I personally don't think eBay is a good way to value your items, one week you might get top dollar - the next week the same item goes cheap.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
18 years ago
As Rob says, you realy do have to know exactly what you are selling to know it's true rarety and value.

Why not buy a book such as this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0854299858/pre67volkswag/203-5014576-9959168 

This will give you a better idea of what you have, what years it's correct for then you can look around and find out what people are asking for the same stuff (doesn't mean they get the asking price though!).

There are more books here:
https://www.pre67vw.co.uk/books/ 

😃
rickvanr
18 years ago
I updated my original post with a link with photos.
rickvanr
18 years ago
New website up displaying the different parts I have. I've tried my best to categorize them.

Linky 
17 years ago
Im looking for a 67 only bonnet (front hood) please, if you have one!

Long bonnet, small trim holes... or even a long bonnet without holes....

Thanks...good luck with your sales.
😎
17 years ago
Im looking for a 67 only bonnet (front hood) please, if you have one!

Long bonnet, small trim holes... or even a long bonnet without holes....

Thanks...good luck with your sales.
😎
17 years ago
oops, sorry...PC problem^