ascort
  • ascort
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
I want a fairly authentic Okrasa TSV 1300 for my Ascort and am going down the path of buying components to modify a good complete 36hp engine that I have. At the end of the day I want the engine to be as originally fitted to the Ascort. (There is a pic of the engine in the Other Coachbuilts forum "Ascort Overview")

I have collected heads and manifolds and have a 69.5mm crank coming and also throttle bellcrank assembly.

What other parts should I be chasing? So far I have listed:
- Cylinder spacers
- Pushrods (or spacers)
- 8 short head studs
- Fram oil filter
- Coiled oil cooler
- 32PBIC Solex carbs and air filters
- Flywheel drilled for 8 dowels
- Throttle linkages

Any advice would be welcome
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
ascort
  • ascort
13 years ago
This is the main guide that I have as to what needs to be done for the Okrasa build.

The document would be Australian from around 1960 and is believed to have come from the same company that built the Ascort as they were also Okrasa importers and sold them as kits as well as fitting them to the Ascort.

Sorry about the loss of info at the bottom of the page, but that is all I have of this document.

UserPostedImage

GKL 7
13 years ago
If you ever need advice on your build.
Contact John at JMR(John Mayer Racing)he has experience with the engine(Tsv 1300)
ascort
  • ascort
13 years ago

If you ever need advice on your build.
Contact John at JMR(John Mayer Racing)he has experience with the engine(Tsv 1300)

'50 Karmann wrote:

Thanks for that. I will be sure to need help and advice along the way as I do not have that much experience with working on VW engines.

I still have some major components to source yet, with carbs being the next major item.
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Thanks for that. I will be sure to need help and advice along the way as I do not have that much experience with working on VW engines.

I still have some major components to source yet, with carbs being the next major item.

ascort wrote:

I hate to use the word repro but Wolfsburg West have reproduced the Okrasa heads, manifolds, carbs and linkages. Might be a stop-gap while you source originals.

John.