Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
13 years ago
It does look a very good project. :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Fantastic, nice find. :thumbup:

Good project for someone, lets just hope it doesn't end up on it's arse and some snide Fuchs in pursuit of fashion.
William
pre67vw
13 years ago
Cool reversing light, might put one of those on mine....

£4.5k though? :omg: it must just be me...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
13 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

I did think it was a bit pricey, yes. Not that I have any real idea what it is actually worth. It has all the Kab only bits which seems to be a real plus point on a reasonably early one.
William
55Kab
13 years ago

on it's arse and some snide Fuchs in pursuit of fashion

54 Gertie wrote:

WORD :!: 😛

55Kab
13 years ago

I did think it was a bit pricey, yes. Not that I have any real idea what it is actually worth. It has all the Kab only bits which seems to be a real plus point on a reasonably early one.

54 Gertie wrote:

Nah...it's not really pricey.

When was the last time you saw a small window OG UK RHD cabriolet for sale on its OG plate? It's on ebay now, currently £2k.

69project
13 years ago
it could be nice,mentions in ebay ad that he has no v5 so reg would pbly non transferable if the dvla are being nice and let it stay with car

cant see it staying on ebay as guy is open to offers,very local to me but just dont have the money...:x
Car less.....
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Nah...it's not really pricey.

When was the last time you saw a small window OG UK RHD cabriolet for sale on its OG plate? It's on ebay now, currently £2k.

55Kab wrote:

I suppose, just my gut reaction when I saw it. I guess it wouldn't actually take a lot of cash to get it on the road and preserved, the original paint looks like it's got a few years left in it yet.

It needs going back together, some rear wings found and painted, a good polish, and then some crossplies to finish it off. :thumbup:

I'm really starting to get a hankering for 'early' Kabs.
William
54 Gertie
13 years ago
I want to see an engine shot. :drool:
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
If it´s as solid as it looks then I´d say thats a fair price. Don´t like it? Go find a better one, if you can.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
13 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

You'll never get what you want Rob unless you get that cash out. Consider its worth when up and running.:smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
GKL 7
13 years ago

You'll never get what you want Rob unless you get that cash out. Consider its worth when up and running.:smile:

Rattletrap wrote:

He knows all this,he already owns a cabrio.
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago
Gone Over 4 Grand Already !
"Mr Stock"
Rattletrap
13 years ago

He knows all this,he already owns a cabrio.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Then Rob must be aware of today's values. :?

Owning one does not mean someone still can't look around.:p

You really should have kept yours '50 Karmann - one of the finest in the UK. :wink:

Gone Over 4 Grand Already !

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Worth rather more.:mellow:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Will it make the £10k mark though I wonder?

I am really tempted by this but have promised to buy no more 'keepers' for the time being.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Will it make the £10k mark though I wonder?

I am really tempted by this but have promised to buy no more 'keepers' for the time being.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Its sold according to the advert (was asking £4.5k in that).:sleep:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C214509/# 
64rotbox
13 years ago
That just means the advert's been withdrawn. The ebay loon-a-thon continues apace.
You can call me Al.
55Kab
13 years ago

That just means the advert's been withdrawn. The ebay loon-a-thon continues apace.

64rotbox wrote:

Agreed. As the ebay price crept up to the price on the other advert I guess the owner thought financially it would be better to let it run on ebay.

Will be interesting to see what this one finally makes. I reckon it will be in the £5-5.5k mark.

Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Looks like the auction has been ended. Probably now sold.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.