southerndeluxe
13 years ago
well got new home new work shop at home pit hoist the lot see pics, well im cracking on with her now ive made a pac to have it done.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago
Looks good, must be nice to be out of the garden! :wink:

southerndeluxe
13 years ago
thanks yer it nice warm and dry best of all work when i want come rain and shine day or night
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
just when it's safe to go in the workshop my young lady thought it would be a good idea to buy this??????? for the kids to take them to the beach and away for the weekends sorry raggy must obay lol so im now in to this got to finish this before the bug i think i will be doing a bit of both lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
boy im a lucky boy more hours in the workshop
Rattletrap
13 years ago
'Scuse my idleness, I haven't read through the whole of this thread. Is the car's split-window a real steel one or a plastic section.:?
Looks like a repro section to me though.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
13 years ago

'Scuse my idleness, I haven't read through the whole of this thread. Is the car's split-window a real steel one or a plastic section.:?
Looks like a repro section to me though.

Rattletrap wrote:

I would have thought it was easier to read the first couple of posts than to go to the trouble of writing that out. Plus take a look at the section of the forum it's in... :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
13 years ago

I would have thought it was easier to read the first couple of posts than to go to the trouble of writing that out. Plus take a look at the section of the forum it's in... :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

Rob's having a pop at old Rattletrap. 😳 :roll:

Yes I know its under the 57-67 thread and is certainly not a real split window Beetle, and …

…it inherited a steel split rear section i was going to remove it but it's been done so well i have decided to leave it there.

southerndeluxe wrote:

but hey, come on, look at the way its slotted into the rectangular widow aperture…. The kits were made to fit exact into the donor car rear window shape. The kits were plastic, however.

If you cut the rear window section from a wrecked split window Beetle it would not be like that…..

You'd also cut away the whole lower rear area of the big window car's roof.

Then look at this too…:smile:
 Added split.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
it is a 60 car with a steal split section a real one
69project
13 years ago
if you did remove it guy on here with username of dexter is after one
Car less.....
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
ive decided to keep it in make my little bug a special car plus my friend put it in he has since past away to a pleasent land
Boris1966
13 years ago
Hi there,

I was so excited to hear that someone has decided to restore Andy's beetle. Myself and my boyfriend knew Andy well. He did all the wealding on Boris - my 1966 Java Green and My boyfriend's 1970 Crew cab. We used to pop up to visit him and say hi to his norwegien Elkhound dogs and see how he was getting on from time to time. We were really upset when we heard he had died so good luck with your project and I really want to hear how you are getting along and if I can be of any help with the restoration.

x Leane :d
southerndeluxe
13 years ago
thanks leane for your mail, it was very sad about andy a nice gentle man that kept himself to himself a big part of vw went with him rip andy. yer im going to restore it back to its forma glory, not sure what happened to all the other vw's that were in the yard ?????
southerndeluxe
12 years ago
hi im looking for a 59/60 shell or someone who has cut one up im after front 1/4 and rear 1/4 complete shell would be better so i can cut what i need many thanks rick:beer: :beer: :d
DarthMJH
12 years ago

hi im looking for a 59/60 shell or someone who has cut one up im after front 1/4 and rear 1/4 complete shell would be better so i can cut what i need many thanks rick:beer: :beer: :d

southerndeluxe wrote:

Someone on volkszone is selling a 1960 shell https://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=734132 
Mike
1960 Karmann Beetle Convertible
southerndeluxe
12 years ago
thanks darth have pm him hopefuly fingers crossed .
southerndeluxe
12 years ago

have found a solid shell and im thinking of swapping for my rotten shell but grafting the rag top section in thus putting my bug back to spec ie small window rhd rag but on a solid shell, what's the best way to grafft the rag in ie peel the roof or cut through the pilars ??
southerndeluxe
12 years ago
was going to put my porsche 912 engine in the rag but is now thinking of selling the complete engine so anyone out there wanting a porsche 912engine i have one for sale mail me
southerndeluxe
11 years ago
hi every one long time no bug work well im back in the workshop tomorrow, im looking for a 60 bug shell if you know of one please contact me on here or email me at [email protected] or call 07972779078 cheers rick
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Glad you´re still going on this. Didn´t it work out with the other shell?

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
11 years ago
no need a better shell so if there is a better one it will help speed up the resto loooking fwd to geting the turkis rag back on the road as she rolled of the line