65deluxe
13 years ago
After a bit of frantic wheeling and dealing this week I have ended up with a Nov 59 Kabrio - RHD - Uk car

As some of you know I am really after a split window beetle .

So if anyone has a project and they would like to do a swap I would be interested .

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Paint is 20 yard at best and will need some work to get it restored - some one has fitted an IRS box - lowered beam etc

all glass is there - no rear window surround

If you want any info let me know - If no takers I will just get on with building it .

Cheers Jon
Please check out 65 deluxe on Facebook to see all my work in one place
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Hi Jon,

Great car, I was watching it on ebay and resisted the temptation to buy it :wink:
Do you know if it's an original UK car and if so, does it still have its original UK reg number?

Cheers
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
65deluxe
13 years ago

Hi Jon,

Great car, I was watching it on ebay and resisted the temptation to buy it :wink:
Do you know if it's an original UK car and if so, does it still have its original UK reg number?

Cheers
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

A friend helped me collect it and he has been on the case already today - UK car - registered around Holland in Lincolnshire Nov 59 .

I understand OG registration number .

Rattletrap
13 years ago
A RHD semaphore cabrio is a jewel indeed, and you'll swap with a split.:mellow:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
65deluxe
13 years ago

A RHD semaphore cabrio is a jewel indeed, and you'll swap with a split.:mellow:

Rattletrap wrote:

It is on my top 5 list of all cars to own - But I want a split window bug to keep forever along with my samba .

I will have to get into it and see what its like - I dont like cars that others have " restored " I'm more of a drag it out a lake guy - Give me rust over bad welding and cheep repair panels any day .

Anyway its in the workshop and I will gladly swop until I get into it - I have a feeling Im either going to love or hate doing it .

I also have a friend who has lots of split parts so restoration would hopefully be a bit easier - as finding good parts is half the problem . The other half is paying for them !!!!!

65deluxe
13 years ago

I have asked the guy a few questions - not sure how much is re usable - bonnet wings decklid etc are all wrong - interior is scrap ( IMO ) engine etc would need to be changed - therefore seems alot of money for a shell and a vin plate ( thats if it is a 51 )

Sorry if this is your car !!!!

69project
13 years ago
not mine,i was offering it up as tongue in cheek!

Car less.....
65deluxe
13 years ago

not mine,i was offering it up as tongue in cheek!

69project wrote:

Looks like its got more filler than Jedwards greatest hits

SixtyFive
13 years ago
i could see you driving that jon!
check out the rs turban recaros and the slutmags :drool: