Volkspider
13 years ago
Hello fellow Volkswagon..ers...<-(?):?
Just introducing myself, My name is Reid (Volkspider) I'm from Calgary Alberta Canada.
I've owned a 71 Karmann Ghia (sold) , 73 Van (sold) and many beetles but now drive a 1961 beetle for that last 7 yrs. it's mostly stock outside of 1 peice window kit , lowered about 3 inchs and a big fat engine (2332cc) that I installed last year. I'm just waiting for the snow to melt and the roads to be swept up of all the rocks so I can tear streets!  100_2590_resized.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  100_2591_resized.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
13 years ago
Hi Volkspider, and welcome to pre67vw.:smile:

You've a nice car there. :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Volkspider
13 years ago
Thanks Rattletrap!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Welcome.

Be warned - this is a restoration forum. If you hang around here too long your car will end up back at stock height, with whitewall bias plys and a 1200cc motor. :d
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Thanks R*****T***!

Volkspider wrote:

My pleasure Volkspider.:wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Boris1966
13 years ago
Welcome!
I thought this was a "discussion" forum! There is a "restoration" section on the site for resto chats. I think you're car sounds great! Not everyone wants to keep their car stock eh!
Every bug deserves to be kept alive in an individual way! I've got a "67 stock beetle and a "66 that I've just lowered and put a set of flat 4 BRMs on. Everything else is stock as it's a special car.
Is your beetle an American specification?
:roll:
Leane
Volkspider
13 years ago
I don't know ,JD , I might not mind the white walls but (and I will get a lot of flack here, I bet ) I'm going the way of the "ratrod", just not as extreme , I'm keeping a lot of the stock look inside when it comes to gauges , radio seats ,etc.
but would like to go with disc brakes with stock rims , but wider for some big fat tires and flat black for the exterior.

(Boris1966)I not to sure what do you mean by "American specification":?
pre67vw
13 years ago
Just be warned that posts that are not regarding the stock part of your ride will more than likely be deleted.

:smile:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Volkspider
13 years ago
I see some of the post that were here have been deleted, I didn't mean to bring such an up roar with the choices I've made for my 61. I am a VW fan ,stock or modified and I apologize for my misunderstanding what this forum is about. I will try to keep with in the restrictions.
64rotbox
13 years ago
It wasn't you at fault!

I've driven a few big motor'd Beetles, and I was planning something similar for one of my cars... that was until petrol over here hit nearly 10 of your Canadian dollars per gallon. A good excuse to put the 1200 back in, really.
You can call me Al.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Semi gloss - it´s the future....er...past...:d

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago

I see some of the post that were here have been deleted, I didn't mean to bring such an up roar with the choices I've made for my 61. I am a VW fan ,stock or modified and I apologize for my misunderstanding what this forum is about. I will try to keep with in the restrictions.

Volkspider wrote:

I was hoping they'd be gone before you had a chance to see them - not the most welcoming start for a new forum member!!

Many of us have owned modified VW's in the past (and some still do), but as there's not much on the internet for the stock side of the hobby, that's where pre '67 comes in.

Anyway, welcome! :thumbup:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Volkspider
13 years ago
Hey JD , thats actually the black I was thinking of going, thats funny !
appreciate the welcome ,
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Semi gloss - it´s the future....er...past...:d ]

JD wrote:

Fantastic car. Just how I'd like my '47 to look - mine's too shiny but not as shiny as others.:wink: