Rattletrap
13 years ago

What's this special code you talk of in your signature.

'50 Karmann wrote:

What you see in my signature is a complete nonsense – not what was keyed out.

Most every post is ruined too, more especially Rattletrap's thread, half the images gone – all that work and effort.:cry:

Damn filter used by the administrator. Still, its made your day George I guess.:x
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Most every post is ruined too, more especially R a t t l e t r a p's thread, half the images gone – all that work and effort.:cry:

Damn filter used by the administrator. Still, its made your day George I guess.:x

Rattletrap wrote:

Damn fine filter methinks.:smile:
I was very confused on The Samba a few years ago when I tried to type "niggardly" several times in a post and all that came out was "attractive and successful african american"
John.
Rattletrap
13 years ago

Rattletrap wrote:

All back to normal:!: :d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Rattletrap
13 years ago
I'm now quoted as Rattletrap :d :d :d :d :d

GKL 7
13 years ago

Damn filter used by the administrator.

Rattletrap wrote:

That administrator has been patient beyond belief with you.
He has given you every oppurtunity to cease your brainwashing scheme,he has gone out of his way to accomodate you and pretty much all you have done is insult him.

Even now you are spending your time trying to fathom out ways to "beat the system"
i.e italics etc.Another Insult.

To put this in the simplest form, so even you can understand........

EVERYONE HAS HAD ENOUGH,WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE.

And stop your wingeing,fair play,you can't say you weren't warned.You've just pushed your luck so far these measures had to be implemented.
sp1600
13 years ago
hi
just to clarify the valuation . that was provided by vw germany as a cost to but the one from the one from the museum ,which as a replacement for the car an insurer would have to do and in the event of a claim there are lots of clauses regarding keeping the car insured at all times.
i know the sale value is no where near the insurance value and as a part restored project 2grand is peanunts for a car ofr a car like this unfortunatly 5 broken vertebrae and epilepsy have stopped the rebuild and its sat gathering dust now 😞
Caledfryn
13 years ago

He has given you every oppurtunity to cease your brainwashing scheme,he has gone out of his way to accomodate you and pretty much all you have done is insult him.

Even now you are spending your time trying to fathom out ways to "beat the system"

And stop your wingeing,fair play,you can't say you weren't warned.You've just pushed your luck so far these measures had to be implemented.

'50 Karmann wrote:

X2
Rattletrap
13 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

X2

Caledfryn wrote:

All the Welsh guys stick together, there's little else to do up there I guess.:roll:

BAAAAA:!: …:rofl:

GKL 7
13 years ago
Why don't you come up to Stanford Hall on May 1st, Soft lad.

And for your information,i am not Welsh,wrong as usual.

Oh! look your signature has gone all funny again:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
pre67vw
13 years ago

All the Welsh guys stick together, there's little else to do up there I guess.:roll:

BAAAAA:!: …:rofl:

Rattletrap wrote:

Suspended for a few days, I need a break...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Old Blue
13 years ago

Suspended for a few days, I need a break...

pre67vw wrote:

Why are you all bullying the RT its really bad that you have ganged up on him and computer changed the name Your thanks under the prev post to the site owner for blocking him is disgusting. He sounds like a lonely old guy now with just his loved car RT as a friend.

Dad says that RT is aspecial car and this thread is a good place. It's well known car in the VW world. Shame to you.

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
13 years ago
And Rt at least gave me a welcome here:smile:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Why are you all bullying the RT its really bad that you have ganged up on him and computer changed the name Your thanks under the prev post to the site owner for blocking him is disgusting. He sounds like a lonely old guy now with just his loved car RT as a friend.

Dad says that RT is aspecial car and this thread is a good place. It's well known car in the VW world. Shame to you.

Old Blue wrote:

Once upon a time the RT story was interesting and well documented...then the previous owner backed-up by the current one decided to rewrite its history for what many feel was a solely self-serving reason. The cult of "celebrity" is well served by the internet in that it is easy to spread your own version of the "truth." Wikipedia carries much mis-information that sadly will never be challenged and in time accepted as the definitive story.

What seems to you as bullying is in fact a desire to correct the recently constructed mis-information by people who can remember the original story. Ask you father if he can remember that original story and them ask again if he's prepared to accept the reconstruction of car and history.
John.
Old Blue
13 years ago
Dad knows that it has been rebuilt with lots of other parts and 53 base but he remembers well it always being shown as a 1950 if that is what the problem is. Our house used to be near to where Tony and the car were
The old vw magazines he has have the story of the 1950 bug and that is what it was. Being unkind to the owner is not nice because you dont agree and think hes a liar.

lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Dad knows that it has been rebuilt with lots of other parts and 53 base but he remembers well it always being shown as a 1950 if that is what the problem is.

Old Blue wrote:

I think you need to read Richard Oakley's latest post in the RT topic...it quotes Tony Levi's own description of his car as a '53.
John.
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

It's a great car, I dont think anyone is having a dig as the car isnt to their liking, people (regulars) own and post photos of modified cars etc and are treated warmly. I'd love to own the car, so much history and I wouldnt care if every part had been replaced.

What people get annoyed about is every thread getting taken up by the car, about exactly the same topics, these normally include:

-How much of the body is original
-What age is the chasssis
-Is it a '50, '53, or '72 1302 etc.

The reason I 'thanked' above was the hope that something else interesting may get posted on the site in the next few days, like the 'old days'.

Without sandblasting the whole car and inspecting for weld lines, there's no telling what the car is, but thats fine. It think what annoys people (and me) is the implication that the car is something it's not, the '50 Zwitter prototype' bit in particular for me. I wouldn't mind if John actually believed that, but I'm sure he doesn't.

I cant wait to see the car at Lavenham (hopefully), and would be nice to have a chat to John about his cars.
William
pre67vw
13 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

Let me be clear, the suspension is nothing to do with the car, what it is, what it is not, what it pretends to be or otherwise. The suspension is because its present owner feels the need to mention the car every time he posts - whether it is relevant to the thread or not. It has reached the point where people are emailing me saying that they are sadly leaving the forum because it has become a nuisance, this is not acceptable - its hard work building a forum and getting people involved, I'm not going to let one person undo this work. The owner was warned that further posts mentioning the car would be deleted but he continued to post.

The suspension is primarily to give me a break, but if he continues to post about this car on other threads after this suspension then a permanent ban will be put in place. It seems that when anyone posts anything about their nice car, RT steps in and says "me, me, look at me" and it gets irritating very quickly.

Again, nothing to do with the car itself. Some people like it's history etc. and buy into the whole prototype thing, others don't. Neither opinion would get you suspended.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Why are you all bullying the RT its really bad that you have ganged up on him and computer changed the name Your thanks under the prev post to the site owner for blocking him is disgusting.

Old Blue wrote:

Thanks were given for giving us all a break. It really was getting out of control with incessant references to that car on every other thread, and the bickering that would always follow.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
RockStock
13 years ago
interesting topic on valuation of martin's kab
real tricky one

£50k is running/driving/road legal Heb money, isn't it?
StockRocks
pre67vw
13 years ago

interesting topic on valuation of martin's kab
real tricky one

£50k is running/driving/road legal Heb money, isn't it?

RockStock wrote:

But then a again an insurance valuation is different from an open market valuation - insurance valuation is how much it's going to cost to replace the car, that doesn't necessarily mean thats the price someone would be prepared to pay you if you were to sell it.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW