pbaptist
13 years ago
There are not many miniatures for the coachbuild cars. Here is an overview of the cars I know about. If anybody know other VW coachbuild miniatures let me know.

rometsch

Rometsch Lawrence 1:43 Made by Kit toys: (can be ordered in any color on request)
UserPostedImage

Rometsch Beeskow 1:43 made by kit toys:
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Rometsch Beeskow 1:43 made by Ministyle:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Rometsch Beeskow Cabriolet 1:87 made by Lion models
UserPostedImage

Rometsch Beeskow Coupe 1:87 made by Lion models
UserPostedImage

Rometsch Beeskow 1:87 made by ???
UserPostedImage

Rometsch Bahne 1:43 made by ministyle
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Rometsch 4-doors Taxi 1:43 made by ministyle
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Rometsch 4-doors Taxi 1:87 made by Kehi
UserPostedImage

Rometsch 4-doors Taxi 1:87 made by HK Resin (Hynek Knopp)
UserPostedImage

Beutler 1:43 made by ministyle
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Ghia aigle 1:43 made by Kit toys:
UserPostedImage

The Ministyle are hard to find, only The Beutler is still available in a toy store in swiss. (I bought all the remaining rometsch cars :smile: )

The kit toys can de ordered for €50 each. These are hand build and can be ordered in any color. His next project is the Drews. After that I hope he will made a D&S. If someone is interested in ordering one of these nice models, let me know.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis
13 years ago
Some other miniatures
From Ministyle 1/43 Topinette
UserPostedImage

The Beutler pick-up and folow-me
UserPostedImage

Enzmann 1/43 from Swiss-mini-43
UserPostedImage

almost ready 1/43 APAL coupe from Francorchamps-mini-models
UserPostedImage

And self made 1/43 Zelensis
UserPostedImage

Bart
pbaptist
13 years ago
The enzmann is real good. I didn't know that model also exist.

Here a pictures a the drews and some additionals pictures of Rometsch models.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
ascort
13 years ago
I saw this 1:43 model of a Hebmuller by Minichamps on ebay today.

Tempting.

Hebmuller 1_43.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
zelensis
13 years ago
At the time it was coachbuilding also.

NSU typ 32 scale 1/43
UserPostedImage

VW30 cabriolet 1/43 from ministyle
UserPostedImage

berline rome race car 1/43 from Vroom
UserPostedImage

KDF cabriolet 1/43 from auto replicas
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
12 years ago
some hebs bought and custom made heb and Zelensis...not finished. 😞
The book is a list of car insurances from march 1938...To bad the KDF is not in it.  IMG_1545s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1551s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1554s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
ste VW agen
12 years ago
:thumbup: Peter, for a guy without any Hebmuller car, you certainly DO have a lovely collection of Hebmullers!

With car park spaces costing more than real Hebmuller VW's here in Hong Kong, I should also consider taking up your "miniature coach - built" hobby!

R*E*S*P*E*K*T :beer:

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
zelensis61
12 years ago
Hi Steve, Ok, I will trade with you. You get all my minature hebs, I get your "Revell-Heb" :omg: in Mark's shop...I will sort out the transportation....Or maybe you can do that much better.:rofl:

Greetings.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
ste VW agen
12 years ago

Hi Steve, Ok, I will trade with you. You get all my minature hebs, I get your "Revell-Heb" :omg: in Mark's shop...I will sort out the transportation....Or maybe you can do that much better.:rofl:

Greetings.

zelensis61 wrote:

Hi Peter,

You are truly the wheeler - dealer of the Heb -World! You'll forever be known as "THE MAN WHO PUT THE HEBMULLERS BACK INTO A HEBMULLER!" :thumbup:

Now although I do appreciate your NEXT idea of trading 8 - 10 Heb Miniatures for my own "Model Heb," I'll give you a better idea to start with :

1) take one of those nice HEB models of yours,
2) light it on fire,
3) blow it out

and THEN you'll already have a model of my HEB ........ no transportation needed!

Don't worry ......... I'll be dealing with you soon enough for your personal parts contributions to the "Revell :omg: Heb!"

Ein Prosit! :beer: and Thanks in advance!

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
pbaptist
12 years ago
My friend now also made the Dannenhauer.
It is a copy of the white German car.

He is now making a copy of the D&S Coupe and also a copy of the Dutch Black D&S

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
GKL 7
12 years ago

I saw this 1:43 model of a Hebmuller by Minichamps on ebay today.

Tempting.

ascort wrote:

They are nice little models,'tho modern.
I've been "Tempted" a few times:wink:
 rsz_1misc_003.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  rsz_misc_004.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
12 years ago

I've been "Tempted" a few times:wink:

GKL 7 wrote:

You need to find a car to mount that logo on it.:roll: Maybe a tempo Matador?

GKL 7
12 years ago

Maybe a tempo Matador?

zelensis61 wrote:

It would be easier,than trying to find a you know what.
Looks like i'll have to settle for just toys,for now at least.
pbaptist
12 years ago
Here the latest coachbuild models.

A copy of the black 1952 D&S registered in the Netherlands
And a copy of the red Rometsch Beeskow Coupe that was for sale in the US and is going to Indonesia.

ktDS-Rom.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  ktDS-Rom1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ascort
12 years ago
I have been admiring some of the models of the coachbuilts here on the forum for a while and have often thought that I would love a model of the Ascort.

I used to scratchbuild models of aircraft many years ago and so thought that I should give it a go. :roll:

I am still in the early stages of creating the shape in 1:43 scale. I am still getting the overall shape and proportion correct and have not focussed too much on smoothing or fine detail at the moment. I still have to finish work on the nose, bumpers, rear skirt and the wheel arch flares. I need to shift the window track forward a fraction as well as it is not quite correct at the moment. I think that it is starting to come together though. :drool:

My plan is to create the model as a solid resin casting. That way I will be able to make copies for others who may want one. Any interest out there? :unsure:

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Very nice being a model builder my self i know the time and patience it takes to do such things. Are the wheels going to be separate? Keep us posted :thumbup:

Andy W
ascort
12 years ago

Very nice being a model builder my self i know the time and patience it takes to do such things. Are the wheels going to be separate? Keep us posted :thumbup:

Andy W

AW wrote:

I am still trying to decide the details such as wheels. There are 3 options that I am considering. :?

1) The easiest will be to put the body on a solid stand with the wheels integral. This would make moulding replicas very easy.
2) Mould the body ex wheels and then add non-turning wheels.
3) Mould the body and then add wheels and axles - more work and the model will only sit static anyway.

I am thinking that there will likely be a few people who would like to add a 1:43 Ascort to their collection. What would others want? Would they be happy with with non-turning wheels or on a solid stand. Would they want them painted or unfinished?

Once I have made the mould there is only about 15 minutes work to mould a model, but finishing could be quite time consuming.

What are your thoughts :?:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I know people are funny for something that sits all its life in a cabinet thay want turning wheels and if thay pick it up and there is no waight to it many dont seem impressed. I have had to add white metal to a resin model to make it heavier for the customer :shock: I would give it separate wheels and leave it up to the custamer to finish it off or give a service to do the job for them if thay want need it. Thats just my thoughts. Good luck with the project.

Andy W
zelensis
12 years ago
The Ascort looks already nice, I would like one to add to my collection.

For the wheels I prefer the turning wheels option but would not have a problem whit solid fixed wheels like the NSU model.
ascort
12 years ago
The model is progressing very slowly as it tends to be worked on when conditions are not right to work on the 1:1 scale Ascort.

Although turning wheels would be nice, I think that time shortages may dictate that I go with fixed solid wheels, but it may be possible to make a second version in the future with the separate wheels. (The wheels in the photo are just chips that have been placed on the model for the pic. They need to be a little further under the arches to be correct).

There has not been a lot of progress during the past week, but I think that it is heading in the right direction. The next thing to do is the front wheelarch flares and then the front bumper. and rear bumper.

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

The model is not perfect and I can see areas where it is not quite 100%, 😶 but I think that it is starting to capture the essence of the car in 1:43 scale. It is the first model that I have made in about 20 years and I know that the eyes sure are not what they used to be. I keep worrying that I am going to stuff it up :omg: I hope that some things should be corrected when I get to the smoothing and finishing.:cry:

Zelensis, I will put your name down for a model if things turn out ok and it gets completed. I will keep you posted.