AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
A nice looking R-H-D oval for sale on Ebay at the moment :drool: D'ont know how to put a link in, hope some one can. Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago
Must be this one......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1955-VOLKSWAGEN-OVAL-BEETLE-VW-SPLIT-/150652054805?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23138fed15   $(KGrHqYOKigE4p9+0!WpBOURr)gdvQ~~48_12.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thats the one. Andy W
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Looks a Nice Clean Little Car !
"Mr Stock"
mrsherbie
12 years ago
It does look ok.
But it is not a car that I would bid on without seeing it first. It has clearly been modified/had a big engine in it, but now a stocker engine put in to sell it :
1.both rear qtr's have been repaired and are quite a bit to 'short' (obvious to me as we have one with a similar repair :oops: :roll: )
2. from the photos it looks like the rear side glass has been replaced, which is not all that common as they are usually the only pair of windows that stay og even on a restored car. And the rubber is new and a poor fit. So I would have to assume the car has had some level of fairly full resto at some point ( especially with being british as well..sorry could'nt resist it! :lol: )
I don't mean to sound picky as I know how you lot love to rave over uk cars.

I would much prefer this one myself (never seen it in real life although I am sure some people on here will know it) but it has a little more 'x-factor' to me?! and I love the colour! :smile:

uk green 53 on samba 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
vintagebug
12 years ago
[quote=mrsherbie
I would much prefer this one myself (never seen it in real life although I am sure some people on here will know it) but it has a little more 'x-factor' to me?! and I love the colour! :smile:

uk green 53 on samba 

Also on here, Anna....

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=3378 

Free plug, Mark... :thumbup: :wink:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"