Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I've been out of the country for over three weeks so haven't really been able to log-on. Back now though and should have some interesting news for you all soon.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
55Kab
12 years ago
Watching and reading Rob. :beer:

And at the above post ^^^ waiting to see "it" out of the place its lived in for the last xx years! :wink:

Come on Rich, trailer time soon eh? :beer:

Rich Oakley
12 years ago

And at the above post ^^^ waiting to see "it" out of the place its lived in for the last xx years! :wink:

Come on Rich, trailer time soon eh? :beer:

55Kab wrote:

All being well, next Saturday.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Bring back Rattletrap and Ovaltine I say..................golden years!!!!
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Rich

Cabrio??????????????
GKL 7
12 years ago

should have some interesting news for you all soon.

Rich Oakley wrote:

It's like pulling teeth:roll:
zelensis61
12 years ago

It's like pulling teeth:roll:

GKL 7 wrote:

Yeah, like Hens teeth....:rofl:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
All together now Why are we waiting, why are we waiting, Ho why are we waiting :rofl: Andy W
GKL 7
12 years ago

All together now Why are we waiting, why are we waiting, Ho why are we waiting :rofl: Andy W

AW wrote:

It's probably two tone grey and comes out of S.Mancs.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

It's probably two tone grey and comes out of S.Mancs.

GKL 7 wrote:

The Mersey?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
12 years ago

The Mersey?

JD wrote:

:rofl:
Old Blue
12 years ago

Bring back Rattletrap and Ovaltine I say..................golden years!!!!

rudolf hucker wrote:

X2

Loved Ovaltine's abrasive posts, always keen to read the latest post from him. Political correctness has kicked in again. The long winter nights are coming with just the TV for entertainment and no Ovaltine night cap.

The Rattletrap saga great too probably more for me as I have such memories of Rattletrap (the car) from my younger days. Shame theyve been kicked off the forum.
Where's VWStan, 48REME and some of the others gone:?
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
six-o-one
12 years ago

X2

Where's VWStan, 48REME and some of the others gone:?

Old Blue wrote:

I'm still around (VWStan) but since selling the '58 Standard last year, I've gone back to my previous (six-o-one) login!

Malc

GKL 7
12 years ago

Rattletrap Shame theyve been kicked off the forum.

Old Blue wrote:

He wasn't.
heb623
12 years ago
:thumbup:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Hubcap
12 years ago
I'm back!

Sorry boss, was away in camper with the family! managed to get to Chateaux'd'Oex to check out the show, really nice to see some different cars and virtually no uk cars/people present!

Will try to sort a few photo's in the next few days, I don't usually post much, but it never stops me from looking in. (note to self: become more interesting and be able to post more often!)

I hope to be back onto my PGSG55 bus project soon, then the ambulance, Ghia gone today:unsure: a new life further up the country awaits.

66 DD caries on with daily driver duties at present. getting a bit bored with the look of it now so may fit the cross plies that are waiting for my 55 and do away with the Hurst bar. Would also be intersted in a trade for a split window beetle with cash either way(either way, ha ha).

Carry on!
Old Blue
12 years ago

He wasn't.

GKL 7 wrote:

He wasn't.

GKL 7 wrote:

I distinctly remember Rattletrap being banned for over posting and everyone here jumping on him, thanking the administrator for kicking him off.:?

Jon posted in defense of Rattletrap at the time.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
12 years ago

I distinctly remember Rattletrap being banned for over posting and everyone here jumping on him, thanking the administrator for kicking him off.:?

Jon posted in defense of Rattletrap at the time.

Old Blue wrote:

Rob could confirm this but i don't think he was actually banned.
His thread was locked and he was instructed not to post anymore R***le***p shite.
When he continued, the word R***le***p was automatically replaced with another phrase.
This is why the administrator was thanked.
If you miss him so much,try his Facebook page.

Ovaltine,however posted a remark tieing all vintage vw enthusiasts with nazism.
He was banned for this.Still think it's a shame, he's not still here?
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago

Rob could confirm this but i don't think he was actually banned.
His thread was locked and he was instructed not to post anymore R***le***p shite.
When he continued, the word R***le***p was automatically replaced with another phrase.
This is why the administrator was thanked.
If you miss him so much,try his Facebook page.

Ovaltine,however posted a remark tieing all vintage vw enthusiasts with nazism.
He was banned for this.Still think it's a shame, he's not still here?

GKL 7 wrote:

This is all correct.

What about Mark the Shark? Those were the days...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago

What about Mark the Shark?

pre67vw wrote:

And then his wife Tina,who we all didn't realise was really him:roll: