Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I have started to do a bit of work on the Cabrio and rather annoyingly, somebody has cut some of the wires in the engine bay. Does anybody know where I can obtain the correct colour wiring and PVC sheathing from?

Many thanks,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Hi Rich. This company is very good for wiring etc. Excellent mail order service too.
They may have the colours you need.
Cheers

https://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php 
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Hi Rich. This company is very good for wiring etc. Excellent mail order service too.
They may have the colours you need.
Cheers

https://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php 

RoRoVw wrote:

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrmagyar
12 years ago
Hi Rich,
Chap called Richard Deak sells cloth covered cable along with other classic car electrical goods. He trades at northern autojumbles but doesn't have a web site. However he takes orders over the phone, sends you the stuff and you send him a cheque. All very trusting. I used his cloth covered cable to wire up the horn on my '49. I'll send you his 'phone number this eve.
Cheers,
Andy.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Hi Rich,
Chap called Richard Deak sells cloth covered cable along with other classic car electrical goods. He trades at northern autojumbles but doesn't have a web site. However he takes orders over the phone, sends you the stuff and you send him a cheque. All very trusting. I used his cloth covered cable to wire up the horn on my '49. I'll send you his 'phone number this eve.
Cheers,
Andy.

mrmagyar wrote:

Thank you Andy. Please email me: [email protected]

Cheers,
Rich.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Cheers for the address Andy!

Alternatively, does anybody have an old loom I can take some wires from??

Cheers,
Rich.
Hubcap
12 years ago
Hi Rich

I may have, but it depends what colours you need, in what diameter and what lengths.

let me know.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Cheers Simon, Dave is going to bring his old T34 loom along when I see him on Thurs so I may be able to pinch some pieces off that. Will let you know.