AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Any one know if any survive ???????????????

Andy W  mach1_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  mach1_sticker.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  mach1_engine_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
12 years ago
Yes. In Belgium there was a guy who had actualy 2 of them. He sold one and restored the other one. A replica is also in belgium. The car was seen in Hessisch Oldendorf.
Can not find a pict right now but ....

https://www.ppress.be/item.php?itemId=5017400  :omg:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Tanks for that:d . You dont know how many were made????????????????

Andy W
zelensis61
12 years ago
Yes....around 150 and then VW germany told to d'Ieteren Belgium to stop the production as they whould not give garanty on a car the is not official made by VW.
Remember the engine came from Oettinger.
Only availeble in ruby red and the green color.
Tacho goes to 160 km/hn steering wheel is from a type 3.
Wheels are porsche 15.
To identify one you have to look under the carpets....There is a sign underneath in white paint.

Those I mentione are the only 2 known survivors. Roumor is that there is another one but I have not seen proof of it.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Wow a rare car :wink: what was the spek of the motor do you know? Cheers

Andy W
ABP
12 years ago
Some specs: Engine base 1200, 69,5 counterweight Oettinger crankshaft x 77 bore 1295 cc, 50ps at 4800 rpm, compression 8/1, 2x solex 32picb, VJR4BR25 (010) distributor, 0-100 km/h: 16 sec.
pp
  • pp
12 years ago
For a series of pictures of Geoffroy's Mach 1, take a look at my website: PPress- Classic Car Photography 

Regards,
Paul
www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Thanks for that :beer: will have a look on your site when i have a bit more time Cheers.

Andy W