Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago
Blimey.
And i thought this was bad.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1209021 
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
Don't they know there's a recession on :?
John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
You just have to keep an eye on the clasics on Ebay there are the realists and the dreemers. Guess whos dont sell :rofl:

Andy w
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Andy w
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

It's sad when a Classic like that gets parted out but he obviously thinks it's worth more sold piecemeal than as a restoration project.

Whatever next.:cry:

John.
64rotbox
12 years ago
It's at Car Transplants (a large breakers/salvage yard). It's looks fire damaged, so it's probably a "Cat A" or "Cat B", i.e. salvage only. That's probably why the entire shell isn't for sale.
You can call me Al.
GKL 7
12 years ago
It would appear anything from "SAINT TROPEZ" :roll:
mrmagyar
12 years ago
£44,000 for the van?! How can it be original when it's had a respray? And is that an ill fitting door and engine lid or are they just not latched properly?
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
64rotbox
12 years ago
Looks like the latter. Idiotic price, nonetheless.
You can call me Al.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Some interesting comments here.

If you owned these cars what money would you want and ask? Be honest now.

There is only a recession for some. There seems to be plenty of cash around for old busses. Most are bought by 'VW lifestyle' and not VW enthusist people.

GKL 7
12 years ago
Rudy
44K is Barndoor country and i know from a vintage point of view,which i'd prefare to own.
You wouldn't pay that much for a house in your home town in Albania would you?
so WTF:rofl::p
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Rudy
44K is Barndoor country and i know from a vintage point of view,which i'd prefare to own.
You wouldn't pay that much for a house in your home town in Albania would you?
so WTF:rofl::p

GKL 7 wrote:

44k would buy a terrace of 16 houses in Rudy's home town.:smile:

John.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
You did not answer my question.

If you owned these cars what price would you ask?

lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

You did not answer my question.

If you owned these cars what price would you ask?

rudolf hucker wrote:

I'm not sure I like your tone Rudy. Sadly I can tell you myself and two friends sold our very nice but not perfect '63 Split Bus much too cheaply at the end of last year.

I like to think we were the last sane inmates of the Split Bus madhouse...but then again maybe we were the last suckers.:(

John.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Still dodging the reasonable question. You and others say that the prices are too high. What would be the right price?
GKL 7
12 years ago
Right price for the 44k van?I'd say 25K.
And generally i'm not a tightarss.But a big part of me says it's not really worth the 25.
There's dozens of the buggers.Look around and see what you can get in the car market for 44K or even 25K
64rotbox
12 years ago
From what I've gathered, £25k is the absolute maximum for a RHD Devon. I'd have said more like £16k to £20k, and even that feels like complete daylight robbery to me. But I'm still living in 1998, I suppose. It's been a rotten year so far, I can tell you.
You can call me Al.