ascort
  • ascort
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
The Ascort TSV 1300 of 1959 used a VDO 100mph speedo which included a trip meter.

The speedo is in the same style as a bug speedo and looks like the usual 90mph speedos of the period which include a trip meter with the zero set knob on the front.

My instruments are currently away for restoration but I have just found out that my speedo is badly worn in the frame and a number of gears are missing from the odometer mechanism. The problem is that I have not seen other similar 100mph speedos. Can anybody assist with identification of what else used the same in about 1959.

When the car was produced, the speedos were ordered from Gebr Titgemeyer, but when 80mph were offered, the order was cancelled in a letter of March 59 which refers to possible supply by another VW dealer in Germany.

Can anybody provide assistance on what else used these instruments, and if the parts out of a 90mph unit would fit. (Does anybody have a spare?)

(Standard instruments in the Ascort included 100mph speedo, VDO electronic tacho, 60mm Motometer 3 in 1 guage, 60mm clock, 50mm Smiths Vacuum and 50mm VDO Oil Pressure)
 Photo0279 (400x300).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
oval56
12 years ago
thats a lowlight tach and a lowlight trip speedo.

the gears can be used of any bug speedu 50-64, but tripspeedogears have to be restored ( other mechanic, other gears)

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
ascort
  • ascort
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago

thats a lowlight tach and a lowlight trip speedo.

the gears can be used of any bug speedu 50-64, but tripspeedogears have to be restored ( other mechanic, other gears)

oval56 wrote:

All of the lowlight speedo photos seem to show 90mph rather than 100mph.

I presume that the mechanicals would be the same between a 100mph and 90mph one.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
oval56
12 years ago

All of the lowlight speedo photos seem to show 90mph rather than 100mph.

I presume that the mechanicals would be the same between a 100mph and 90mph one.

ascort wrote:

jep right the mechanic is the same beside the spring for the needle.. you can use any later or earlyer speedoparts
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany