GKL 7
12 years ago

Location...... Essex........Say no more.:wink:
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Mrs Lifeinslowlane, George, I think you are correct. For 44K you can perhaps buy a house in Albania. In the UK there are many people who have money to spare and live a very comfortable life. I have even heard of some who have many holidays and criuse to the West Indies and tour the USA (don't they know there's a recession?)
Busses are the cool accesory at the moment and some incredible prices are being realised at auction. Owners will see this and hope to do the same.
It's probably only at auction that the true selling price is known,many of the private sales never attain the asking price. So I think many a try a high price first knowing that they can always come down if no 'mug' comes along.
I am old enough to remember the price madness of the eighties and the way prices fell. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens again but as yet there seems to be no apparent fall.

I suppose the bottom line is that people ask the high prices because there are people out there who will buy.

Love Rudy
GKL 7
12 years ago

Mrs Lifeinslowlane, George. I have even heard of some who have many holidays and criuse to the West Indies and tour the USA .
Love Rudy

rudolf hucker wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He never took me with him on those holidays.
What are you telling me Rudy?????He's got another woman????
vintagebug
12 years ago

He's got another woman????

GKL 7 wrote:

What are you saying here, George?- that you're you're really a woman?? That moustache you used to have looked so convincing as well... 😛 :rofl: :lol:

:thumbup:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

In the UK there are many people who have money to spare and live a very comfortable life. I have even heard of some who have many holidays and criuse to the West Indies and tour the USA (don't they know there's a recession?)

rudolf hucker wrote:

Chillax man! Did you know I had to sell a set of drop spindles, 6" narrowed beam, a set of fully detailed OG Fuches and a bangin' turbo set-up I had for my Ghia to afford to go on those holidays. You old farts don't know what us youngsters have to sacrifice to lead a normal life.:cry:

...sorry to play fast and loose with your emotions George but please accept this post as confirmation. George...YOU'RE DUMPED.

John.
six-o-one
12 years ago

"NOT ONLY IS THIS CAR A CLASSIC BUT ALSO A RARE HOTROD"

Classic
GKL 7
12 years ago

George...YOU'RE DUMPED.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

You cut me deep man :cry: :cry: :cry:
69project
12 years ago

Location...... Essex........Say no more.:wink:

GKL 7 wrote:

as its in essex and i know you like a bargain i can go and take a look for you...if your interested...:p
Car less.....
Old Blue
12 years ago
I'm sure many people are buying into early VWs as an investment.

The prices continue to spiral upwards, so better your cash in an old Beetle than the bank. Even with 1970s Beetles, they are certainly selling for more than a decade ago. Gone are the days of the ratty, 2 days MOT left '72 for sale at £150 to drive home.

As for what an individual wants and gets for their car, I wouldn't consider selling our Old Blue at any price!

Well everything does have its price I guess...

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, everybody loves Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, oh how they admire Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, but they must not touch Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, everybody wants Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, but they can't all have Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, because there's just the one Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, how you wish you owned Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, offer a million and I'll sell you Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, hand me less and I'll sue, sue... sue, sue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, because I really love Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

GKL 7
12 years ago
https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=3840 

Like i said "It would appear anything from SAINT TROPEZ".
ianmac
12 years ago

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=3840

Like i said "It would appear anything from SAINT TROPEZ".

GKL 7 wrote:

absolute bargain :roll: I see the stretched beetle on ebay has sold prompting me to wonder if the sellers are so crazy ???
GKL 7
12 years ago
Initially thought these would fit a Split.But then again, they are a 1/4 of the price i have seen decent cars advertised for......WOW!!!

https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/2-356-parts-accessories/2447-rare-ghe-accessory-16q-beauty-.html 
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Initially thought these would fit a Split.But then again, they are a 1/4 of the price i have seen decent cars advertised for......WOW!!!

https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/2-356-parts-accessories/2447-rare-ghe-accessory-16q-beauty-.html 

GKL 7 wrote:

Mr. Ruiz ain't cheap.:roll:
John.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
My very nice girlfriend Norma (some of you may know her.... Norma Stitz) was going to but these for me for Christmas! I told her that I could buy a house back home for this money!!!

I am thinking that Mr Devereux has some of these on his 356.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, everybody loves Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, oh how they admire Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, but they must not touch Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, everybody wants Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, but they can't all have Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, because there's just the one Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, how you wish you owned Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, offer a million and I'll sell you Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, hand me less and I'll sue, sue... sue, sue;
Blue, blue, Electric Blue, because I really love Old Blue, Blue... Blue, Blue;

Old Blue wrote:

Was heard singing it in the bath the other night.:oops:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1058259

GKL 7 wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5690359#5690359 
John.
vintagebug
12 years ago
Or this one, George...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1223211 

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"