JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Anybody know where I could send my old Bosch for a proper overhaul? I want to make sure its advancing as it should and just for a check over.
Ideally in Europe, as sending it to the States isn´t cheap or fast.
You think Bosch could still do it?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
12 years ago

James, you could always ask Francois Beyens in Belgium. I've been to his workshop and he knows a thing or two about re-building engines, distributors, dynamos etc etc. ET knows him well, maybe he could put you in touch with him? I also may have his details at home, I'll have a look this evening if you're interested.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago

James, you could always ask Francois Beyens in Belgium. I've been to his workshop and he knows a thing or two about re-building engines, distributors, dynamos etc etc. ET knows him well, maybe he could put you in touch with him? I also may have his details at home, I'll have a look this evening if you're interested.

vintagebug wrote:

Ah... was he at Camberg, trading? If so, I got his card, but didn´t pay any attention to the name. I was sort of wondering what he actually does when he overhauls them. If anyone can recommend him, then I´ll give him a go.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
vintagebug
12 years ago
Yes he was trading at Camberg.

PM'ed you.

Dave

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
ABP
12 years ago
JD iff you didn't found a solution yet, this is what we doe when rebuilding a distributor.
It is disassembled, cleaned and repainted. Broken or missing parts are replaced. Reassembled with the right parts. Advance checked. Normally we have most off the original parts to complete the distributor: points, cap, etc. If you wan't to see more look at our site: www.aircooledbeetleparadise.be