AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi how do i find out where my R-H-D 59 was built are there any listings like thay have for chassis numbers etc HELP :omg:

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
52deluxebug
12 years ago
Have you tried looking at any of the logos in the glass? Usually if its a CKD car, the glass was locally produced and had different logos

(I'm assuming here that your car is not German built and hence your question, or have I, as usual, lost the plot?)
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Thanks for that info I dont know if its German Seeing the little bliters were built all over the place. I will see if i can get some numbers off her :thumbup:

Andy w
52deluxebug
12 years ago
RHDs were only built in a few places:

South Africa
Ireland
Austraila
New Zealand

(that's all I can think of)

In all of these places, the glass had its own stamping so it will be obvious. If its Sekurit glass, bank on it being built at Wolfsburg.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR It gives it away the big aluminium plate under the bonnet saying MADE IN WESTERN GERMANY gives you an idea were she was born :wink: Its been so long since i have played with this breed of vehicle :d

Andy W
52deluxebug
12 years ago
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There was me thinking it was a CKD car....