RoRoVw
12 years ago
Yes, I was at Castle Ashby that weekend too and yes it was very hot.
pre67vw
12 years ago
When did castle ashby end?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago
1 year only, if i remember correctly Rob....Great location.
pre67vw
12 years ago

1 year only, if i remember correctly Rob....Great location.

GKL 7 wrote:

I was there that year then! I would have been 15 :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago

I was there that year then!

pre67vw wrote:

Yes i know.It wasn't just Rudy i was ignoring:roll:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Stanford Hall dont know the year but the owner is the man with his hands together. Any one recognise him ?

Andy W  bug6.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
I don't remember his name but I think that he owned a very good condition oval in blue as well.
six-o-one
12 years ago

I was there that year then! I would have been 15 :thumbup:

pre67vw wrote:

I went to a VW show at Castle Ashby too around '85.
I'm probably wrong but wasn't this the one which moved to Billing Aquadrome and became VW Expo?

:?:

rudolf hucker
12 years ago

Stanford Hall dont know the year but the owner is the man with his hands together. Any one recognise him ?

Andy W

AW wrote:

Is his name Tony Broome???
RoRoVw
12 years ago

Is his name Tony Broome???

rudolf hucker wrote:

Yes, and he still owns the Horizon Blue oval.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I remember that name from the past :thumbup:

Andy W
GKL 7
12 years ago

I remember that name from the past :thumbup:

Andy W

AW wrote:

Not far from you either Andy.

Matlock.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
----Matlock----- Well i never knew that thanks GKL 7 :thumbup:

Andy W
Old Blue
12 years ago
Slight detour as my 'British Built Beetle' thread has been locked, and really, with respect to the site's owner, why - it just means that postings are disjointed and posters put off!

Anyway, it is interesting to note in the current Practical Classics magazine they have the familiar Morris Minor versus VW Beetle test. While they 'seemingly struggled' to find a good thing to say about the Beetle, the end result was a draw between the two cars. To solve this problem they awarded a winning point to the Minor because it is 'British'. Says a lot about the magazine and its reader ship.

I can say as the owner of both types, our 1968 Beetle Old Blue, is a more capable car in 21st century daily traffic, I can't say the same for our oval Beetle though, its been lowered and so is awful to ride in.:(
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
12 years ago

Taken at Action many years ago Any one know the car or where it is now ???????????

Andy W

AW wrote:

I am rather sure that this car was an oval put into military style. Sometime later it, as if by magic, became a split window.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Rich Oakley
12 years ago

I am rather sure that this car was an oval put into military style. Sometime later it, as if by magic, became a split window.

Old Blue wrote:

Yes, the car started life as a '55 Sunroof Oval.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Yes, the car started life as a '55 Sunroof Oval.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yep sure enough, it can be seen at an earlier Action in one of Dad's pictures. Through the windscreen there is no sight of a rear window dividing bar.

Old Blue
12 years ago
I wonder if some unfortunate person now has it thinking its the genuine thing.

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Another from Stanford Hall from the early 90s i think

Andy w  bug2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Stanford Hall again  old vw pics 2 034.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.