kevsplitty
12 years ago
Hi guys,im on most of the other forums but thought id join here too.My names kev,been into aircooled vdubs since birth,my dad had one of 3 RHD split bugs that came to the uk,it was our daily for years!!! Now in a private collection in N.Ireland,wish he kept it but he needed a more modern bug at the time.He still has a 73 bug,i got him back into them when i got my first bus:d
I have a RHD 62 15 window deluxe & a RHD 65 single cab which i luckily bought bout 6 months ago,it was a barn find from kent where its been sat 24years.Heres some pics.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
my cab
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Hello Kev.

Nice to see you on here- welcome to the forum!

MRT gets mentioned from time to time in the Split Beetle section.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
pre67vw
12 years ago

Hi guys,im on most of the other forums but thought id join here too.

kevsplitty wrote:

There are other forums? :wink:

Welcome!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Old Blue
12 years ago

Hello Kev.

Nice to see you on here- welcome to the forum!

MRT gets mentioned from time to time in the Split Beetle section.

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Hi Kev. If you are refering to MRT 308, my Dad took some pics and notes on the car at a few VW Actions before your Dad let it go to Ireland. I rekon he must have spoke to your Dad at a few shows. I guess that if it is in Northern Ireland that still counts as being in the UK, which is great as it is a real early UK car.:beer:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
12 years ago

before your Dad let it go to Ireland.

Old Blue wrote:

There was at least one other mainland owner before this happened.
kevsplitty
12 years ago

There was at least one other mainland owner before this happened.

GKL 7 wrote:

Yeah my dad sold it to John miller from Thetford Norfolk,he had it for a while before Fred Metzler bought it for his private collection:wink:
Old Blue
12 years ago

Yeah my dad sold it to John miller from Thetford Norfolk,he had it for a while before Fred Metzler bought it for his private collection:wink:

kevsplitty wrote:

I was thinking you were his son. Dad's notes on MRT308 show it belonging to a John Miller from London though.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
12 years ago

Dad's notes on MRT308 show it belonging to a John Miller from London though.

Old Blue wrote:

Same guy,he moved house:roll:
kevsplitty
12 years ago
He had a buisness in london,jewellery i think:wink:
kevsplitty
12 years ago
Just got round to fitting my oak slats for the back
UserPostedImage
And engines running well after rebuild,& firetec fitted
UserPostedImage
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I love your pickup :smile:

How much is the firetec kit ? I have always wondered how effective they are when you've got fuel pouring out and a hot engine ?

Cheers
Kev

kevsplitty
12 years ago
Thanks kev,
Firetec, i put my name down on ssvc when they done a bulk buy so worked out at about £180 normally around £240,hopefully i'll never need it tho:wink: