GKL 7
12 years ago

Or this one

vintagebug wrote:

:rofl: 4 Spanners, that's a later kit aswell.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
How about a 52 Papler on The Samber for e90000 :d

Andy w  4015496.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
12 years ago

How about a 52 Papler on The Samber for e90000 :d

Andy w

AW wrote:

That's not too far adrift,nowadays.How many survivors are there? 8 ???????
Old Blue
12 years ago

That's not too far adrift,nowadays.How many survivors are there? 8 ???????

GKL 7 wrote:

I don't consider that just because there are not many of a certain car that it is therefore worth big money.

There are many vehicles types almost all gone and forgotten. Just a very few survive but they are valued at a few hundred pounds.

With the VW scence things are unlike any other car marque. You can stick a VW badge on an old obscure continental car, say it has a few patented VW parts fitted at the factory, and bingo, a worthless heap is BIG money.

Example, the Tempo Matador, nothing to do with Porsche, Hitler, Volkswagen, but hey, it has a VW engine (not even in the back). I want £35,000 please:wink:

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
12 years ago

I don't consider that just because there are not many of a certain car that it is therefore worth big money.

There are many vehicles types almost all gone and forgotten. Just a very few survive but they are valued at a few hundred pounds.

With the VW scence things are unlike any other car marque. You can stick a VW badge on an old obscure continental car, say it has a few patented VW parts fitted at the factory, and bingo, a worthless heap is BIG money.

Example, the Tempo Matador, nothing to do with Porsche, Hitler, Volkswagen, but hey, it has a VW engine (not even in the back). I want £35,000 please:wink:

Old Blue wrote:

Have you ever stopped to think this is because a rare Volkswagen is more desireable than the other makes of car,i.e a bigger market,if many people are after a few items,that will push the price up.
This hobby has moved on,people like youself spent many years complaining that Volkswagens were not recognised in the vintage car scene.Well this is the price of recognition.Time you caught up with the hobby.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago
to a certain extent I agree with old blue, just because it's rare doesn't automatically mean they're desirable and worth big money. I don't think many people like Paplers, they have an odd shape with the roof up. Without that desirability factor then even rare stuff shouldn't command silly money, I'd expect it to be quite a lot - but not €90k
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago
One mans meat is another mans poison.
I think Paplers are great.:thumbup:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

I think Paplers are great.:thumbup:

GKL 7 wrote:

Buy it then :wink:

I like them as well, but not €90k like them

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

people like youself spent many years complaining that Volkswagens were not recognised in the vintage car scene.Well this is the price of recognition.

GKL 7 wrote:

I'm going to start a campaign to get them unrecognised again :evil:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
12 years ago

to a certain extent I agree with old blue, just because it's rare doesn't automatically mean they're desirable and worth big money. I don't think many people like Paplers, they have an odd shape with the roof up. Without that desirability factor then even rare stuff shouldn't command silly money, I'd expect it to be quite a lot - but not €90k

pre67vw wrote:

Agree, but then they're rather ugly with the roof down too, although I'd not kick one out of my garage.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

Old Blue bleating about the prices of early VWs… You've had your chance to get early cars and let them pass Old Blue. You regret missing out on that interesting '47 auctioned at Brooklands in 1999, because as you put it 'an idiot had his hand up all through the bidding'.

That 'idiot' was me, and this idiot has happily owned the car ever since for a rather small outlay by today's values.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Old Blue
12 years ago

Old Blue bleating about the prices of early VWs… You've had your chance to get early cars and let them pass Old Blue. You regret missing out on that interesting '47 auctioned at Brooklands in 1999, because as you put it 'an idiot had his hand up all through the bidding'.

That 'idiot' was me, and this idiot has happily owned the car ever since for a rather small outlay by today's values.:smile:

Rattletrap wrote:

Apologies on my son's behalf Rattletrap. He posted that, disappointed that I didn't get it, but not meant.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
53 standard on the Samber (dont know if this has been posted some were else)

Only $39000 :d

Andy w  4025547.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  4025549.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  4025558.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagebug
12 years ago

I know it's rare, but 2500 euros for this?? :omg:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1239206 

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Rattletrap
12 years ago

53 standard on the Samber (dont know if this has been posted some were else)

Only $39000 :d
Andy w

AW wrote:

RHD ribbed door Standard oval.:drool:

I'd love this car, more so if it were less shiny and didn't have two chrome horn grills. Should be one only on the passenger side, and painted in body colour.:smile:

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Should it have carpet ?????

Andy w
six-o-one
12 years ago
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Rubber mat/covering should be on the tunnel.:wink:
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Really worth £21,500:?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C275043   Picture 1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago
One to watch...

https://www.barrett-jackson.com 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW