GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
ianmac
12 years ago
Looks nice, bet it would cost more than £15,600 to buy and restore to this level though :wink:
mrmagyar
12 years ago
Don't know how you'd go on with import duties if you bought it to bring back to the U.K. seeing as Switzerland isn't in the E.U. Looks a very nice car though.
Cheers,
Andy.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
52deluxebug
12 years ago
Depends which way you come out of Switzerland and how you get it out.....

Its not the Swiss that are the problem, its the French, although, having in the last few weeks crossed that border several times, I had no problems which is odd as I look very dodgy and am ALWAYS stopped at customs.....
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
Rattletrap
12 years ago

https://www.bugbus.net/en/classifieds.html?cmd=detail&id=7340&cat_id=12

looks a quality restoration.

GKL 7 wrote:

They forgot the carpeting:?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
heb623
12 years ago

They forgot the carpeting:?

Rattletrap wrote:

Rattletrap is sick to his eyes; I saw something more what's not period correct!:p

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Rattletrap is sick to his eyes; I saw something more what's not period correct!:p

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

Gear lever boot incorrect, no pedal rubbers, chromed rear view mirror, plastic box thing (6-12v converter?) behind dash, too shiny, late wiring…….

Far too much money, LHD too, a late oval non-ribbed door car.:thumbdn:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Si Med
12 years ago

too shiny

Rattletrap wrote:

I knew that was coming haha!

Does it have seat runners?
54 UK rhd
Rattletrap
12 years ago

I knew that was coming haha!

Does it have seat runners?

Si Med wrote:

Doesn't look as though it has Si, and of course it shouldn't.:wink:
48REME
12 years ago
After 1955, if the car is German, bumpers, hubcaps and all external and internal handles should be silver, there should be black VW logos on hubcaps and the inner wheel rim should be pearl white...and chromed headlamp rings please,not painted! White waistline optional...And if it's Swiss, just swap silver for chrome.A bit costly to buy with all these mistakes to rectify! :wink:
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Although not without faults, I'd rather go that bit more money and have this Split Standard…

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=154512364&__lp=3&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&minFirstRegistrationDate=1900-01-01&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1960-12-31&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&lang=en&pageNumber=2 
 52 Zwitter.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Ivan
12 years ago
Saw this Swiss Standard at Camberg - it was done by Christoph Mertz the same guy that did the 'Cal Look' Oval inspired by the Millionth Beetle. He goes under the name 'Bugkeeper'
The quality if astounding. A lovely car. At Camberg it had twin carbs on it.

Well spotted it doesn't have carpets - but there's a good reason... Christoph wanted to leave the out so you could see the quality of the work - so you could see that there was not only no sign of any repair, but also that the finish was as good throughout the car. It was an advert for his work. Once the carpets are stuck in - you won't be able to see this, obviously.

I have got some big high resolution pics of the car I took which I can email to anyone who is interested.

One of the best, without any doubt!
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Saw this Swiss Standard at Camberg - it was done by Christoph Mertz the same guy that did the 'Cal Look' Oval inspired by the Millionth Beetle. He goes under the name 'Bugkeeper'

Well spotted it doesn't have carpets - but there's a good reason... Christoph wanted to leave the out so you could see the quality of the work - so you could see that there was not only no sign of any repair, but also that the finish was as good throughout the car. It was an advert for his work. Once the carpets are stuck in - you won't be able to see this, obviously.

I have got some big high resolution pics of the car I took which I can email to anyone who is interested.

Ivan wrote:

How does that explain the missing pedal rubbers and chrome rear view mirror though Ivan.:wink:
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
12 years ago

Ivan wrote:

Why,i originally posted the link Ivan.
Any nit-picking idiot can come along and spot the wrong "bits"on it.But those same people haven't got a clue when looking for quality of work carried out.
So with the right parts and a spare weekend would be a top car.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

https://www.bugbus.net/en/classifieds.html?cmd=detail&id=7340&cat_id=12

Bit pricey …

GKL 7 wrote:

I agree with this part of your post.:wink:
Ivan
12 years ago

How does that explain the missing pedal rubbers and chrome rear view mirror though Ivan.:wink:

Rattletrap wrote:

I can only hypothesize as to the reason the pedal rubbers are missing and suggest he may have spent so much money he couldn't afford a pair - original small logo ones go for up to £5 on eBay thesedays.

As for the interior mirror - what do you mean chrome? It's a ally mirror case, black arm Standard mirror without sunvisor.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Why,i originally posted the link Ivan.
Any nit-picking idiot can come along and spot the wrong "bits"on it.But those same people haven't got a clue when looking for quality of work carried out.
So with the right parts and a spare weekend would be a top car.

GKL 7 wrote:

Surely at top price it should already be a top car, why present a car for sale at such a price that is clearly incomplete.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
12 years ago

Surely at top price it should already be a top car, why present a car for sale at such a price that is clearly incomplete.

Old Blue wrote:

Try getting a shell,chassis and paint work to that standard for any less.
If you think it's too much money,don't buy it.In fact why even look at the pictures more than once.
Incomplete cars are for sale every day,incomplete doesn't always mean you have to take a financial kicking,if your standard of work is very high the right buyer will appreciate this.
The cars for sale,you're not it's buyer.Simple.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Try getting a shell,chassis and paint work to that standard for any less.
If you think it's too much money,don't buy it.In fact why even look at the pictures more than once.
Incomplete cars are for sale every day,incomplete doesn't always mean you have to take a financial kicking,if your standard of work is very high the right buyer will appreciate this.
The cars for sale,you're not it's buyer.Simple.

GKL 7 wrote:

He should only consider buying a car when someone else has finished the whole project then :roll:
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
If I put a price on my Ghia, (incidentally I have no intention to do so) it would reflect the repayment of what I've put into it and what it would in my opinion it would cost to replace it with a comparable car.

The fact that it isn't factory correct would have absolutely no bearing on the price set or my willingness to reduce the price for inaccuracies in respect to what is not factory correct.

Who says the price set has to reflect factory correctness.
John.