GKL 7
12 years ago

As an outsider and pretty new to this old bug thing, i cringe when i read through this discussion, are you all out to get one over each other. 😳

pipvan wrote:

It's all a lark Pip.
People that have seen each other around for thirty odd years.
Don't think it's all serious.Only bits of it.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago

Neither Rich or i walk around shows pulling holes in peoples cars.

"GKL 7" wrote:

Why not...................it's good fun!!! :wink:
nicolass
12 years ago
VW Action 1987 i was there with my 1959 ragtop i have only 2 pictures found .the problem is i can't upload them sorry :?
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Seriously, I really have no interest in 'getting one over' or 'pulling people's cars apart'. Why bother? I have better things to do with my time. I really appreciate all types and styles of VW, especially Mk1 Polos. I was just simply pointing out Old Blue's error with regards to Derek's old '47. It's not a '46, it's a '47.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
pipvan
12 years ago
The point im trying to make as a newby is, that when you read previous posts it apears that there is alot of bitterness and it kind of puts you off getting involved if you know what i mean, especially when your knollege of the old bugs is not up to scratch, but hey if its all banter, thats great its just not the way i read it. Peace out.
57 Oval
62 Bug
65 Split
Rattletrap
12 years ago

As an outsider and pretty new to this old bug thing, i cringe when i read through this discussion, are you all out to get one over each other. 😳

pipvan wrote:

A good thread/discussion which has gone a little sour with its originator Old Blue getting trampled underfoot for his enthusiasm. Sounds familiar to me...:mellow:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
12 years ago
I don't think it's gone sour at all, nothing wrong with somebody correcting someone else with more accurate information. If your knowledge of old bugs is not up to scratch, then don't write your post as though you're stating a fact - make it a question. If you take exception to being corrected then make sure your right.

As a general forum rule, I don't like peoples opinions stated as facts. They're facts if they can be backed up with compelling evidence.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Is it a fact that this thread is supposed to be about early VW shows?
If so why carn't people stick to it.

Andy w
GKL 7
12 years ago

fact

AW wrote:

Key word
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
The first time that this topic started to go off track was on Jan 3rd. Guess who??

Pot calling kettle???
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Back to the topic. There were some T2s at the show!  old vw pics 039.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Ooops.................should have been in the old VW shows thread.

Sorry.
six-o-one
12 years ago

Ooops.................should have been in the old VW shows thread.

Sorry.

rudolf hucker wrote:

Moved!

8)
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Thanks!! Pic taken at VW Action 77 at Stafford Showground.
pre67vw
12 years ago

Back to the topic. There were some T2s at the show!

rudolf hucker wrote:

They don't look very pre '53 to me...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
64rotbox
12 years ago
Moving pictures, anyone?

You can call me Al.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Does your dad collect train locomotive numbers aswell? :cry:

Neither Rich or i walk around shows pulling holes in peoples cars.
But you made a statement on a fact based forum,that was incorrect.All we did was take the time out to point you in the right direction.

GKL 7 wrote:

My late father loved old trains as well as cars, and indeed kept records of types and numbers as his boxes of old books show. Is there something wrong about that? There's no old cars or trains behind the pearly gates as far as I'm aware.:(
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
12 years ago

I don't think it's gone sour at all, nothing wrong with somebody correcting someone else with more accurate information. If your knowledge of old bugs is not up to scratch, then don't write your post as though you're stating a fact - make it a question. If you take exception to being corrected then make sure your right.

As a general forum rule, I don't like peoples opinions stated as facts. They're facts if they can be backed up with compelling evidence.

pre67vw wrote:

I posted what I considered to be factual information, otherwise I'd not placed it. Okay so one car's year on the list was not correct, and could have been inaccurate by a few months. I have the car down as December 1946.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Thanks for posting the film 64rotbox :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Andy W
Old Blue
12 years ago

They don't look very pre '53 to me...

pre67vw wrote:

I should have started this thread under 'general chat', more popular than I thought.