Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
:thumbup: cool, keep the pics coming!
chrisbug91
12 years ago
Unlikly, but does anyone happen to know if theres any photo's of Fisbourne VW Garage on the Isle of Wight.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
59 Ragtop
12 years ago

Just add my own little note to the debate. Somewhile ago i worked for a local diy outlet, which was in the premises of the old Robinsons VW Dealership in Riverside Road,which had been there since the mid 50s. I believe that they had Austins and Morris's there, as my late Grandad used to rent Morris 8s and the like just after the war. My dad has fond memories of Robinsons where he had repairs done on his older beetles, and used to admire the new models in the showroom. The Lubrication operative!, used to live in a flat just around the corner, also owned by Robinsons. Sadly no pics. On another note my dad remembers seeing a Rhd Split window beetle for sale on Watsons Franchised Forecourt in the late 60s.It stood there for ages and didnt sell, from when it had been traded in...
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
:beer:  dealer1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  dealer2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  dealer3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  dealer5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  dealer6.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  dealer4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Colbournes, Surrey 1958

UserPostedImage

Robb wrote:

Hate to be pedantic but that picture has to be at least a couple of years later. The KG at the front looks like a post August '59 face-lift version with the larger nostrils.

My old November '59 India Red Beetle was sold second hand by Colbornes around that time (circa I962).

John.
Sunroof53
12 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Picture at bottom of page shows VW motors,with some info in the text.

UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Thread from the dead a bit, but I happened to be passing Allan Green's today so took a snap to show 40 years worth of change compared to Rich's original scan. Interesting that it's no longer a branch of ATS, as it was when the Google Maps car passed. Instead the main forecourt is filled with caravans and rough looking camper vans... no VWs of any description to be seen, though.

64rotbox wrote:

Great pic Ben!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Old dealer badge.

Andy W   col1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
:beer:  pd346764.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
one for Wayne Mac,

Smithfield Garage in Digbeth, Birmingham.....

UserPostedImage
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Anyone got any info or pics of the Sewell's Dealership in Banbury ?

Cheers
Kev
WayneMcCarthy
11 years ago

one for Wayne Mac,

Smithfield Garage in Digbeth, Birmingham.....

UserPostedImage

Robb wrote:

That's Cool ..... Rob !
"Mr Stock"
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
great piece of British Architecture too! :thumbup:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Some more from the U/S  $(KGrHqF,!hkE7SmTE+7bBO7MtPCHeg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqF,!k0E67ynY32KBO6Rd5(msQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqF,!k8E64gLfddNBO6R+npct!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqF,!lcE6htclz4KBO7M6Wy)u!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Lost64
11 years ago
Would it be reasonable to assume that the reason all the 'Yank Tanks' are there is that people saw sense and bought a VW, and that is why there are so few VW's left on the lot?

Just a thought.......,

Gavin.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:arrow:  $(KGrHqF,!pEE63Yi!ovFBO7MN6y(E!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqJ,!lYE6463mn5+BO7NFWz-KQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqJ,!pQE7BcvTb,rBO7NuR!Ofg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
11 years ago
post '67, but still cool...

:beer:  K13239.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:roll:  $(KGrHqJHJB8E63(O55czBO6Rnq6Q0!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqJHJBEE63St8kVJBO7PfT!MKQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqJHJCkE63YKgZq4BO6RrjZEd!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:beer:  $(KGrHqFHJCUE63(+t4!hBO7h7M2Y0!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqN,!okE63(r1M7FBO7MgsmlJQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqN,!oME63(Z)IiNBO7h2,SF7g~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqN,!pcE7Bcvmh6+BO7M0ifIew~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:roll:  $(KGrHqN,!pME7Bcvg3EHBO7hwuEMOw~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqNHJCME63(5DhVhBO7PBLvNDg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqR,!hgE7kHYOmH)BO7Nzi8wBg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.