chthemonkey
12 years ago
Just thought i'd start a topic to see who's going and where from. I'm planing on getting a ferry from hull to Zeebrugge or Rotterdam then drive the rest of the way might take a trip to the bbt on the way. what way are people getting there:?:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Our West Yorkshire group of four, maybe more, beetles will be taking the Wednesday evening ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and driving to BBT on the Thursday morning and then travelling as part of Bob's convoy to HO on the Friday.
klaus53
12 years ago
I'm going, I'll probably drive down from Copenhagen via the Rodby - Puttgarden ferry on the Thursday.

Anybody else from Denmark going?
1961 Type 1/11
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Would not miss it!! Driving to BBT, then down with the convoy as usual.

Rudy
52deluxebug
11 years ago
well the Barndoor WILL be finished by then, so will be there in that!

Anyone wanting to cruise from the midlands through France / Belgium, etc. let me know
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
vintagebug
11 years ago

Well, the hotel's booked, so I'll be there! Thinking of taking the Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge ferry, probably on the Thursday night crossing.
Hopefully Lost64 will have his Oval finished & will also be there in mini-convoy... ?? :d :thumbup:

Anyone else driving down from Scotland is welcome to join us, the more the merrier.
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Lost64
11 years ago
I'll start out by thanking Dave and Jean for sorting out the accomodation for us 'Northerners'.:thumbup:
If we don't take the Oval, we may well be travelling in something, although not entirely 'vintage VW',will still be a VW, and more importantly, air-cooled. :?

Watch this space.....,:lol:

Gavin.
vintagebug
11 years ago

If we don't take the Oval...

Lost64 wrote:

No ifs, Gavin- you're taking the Oval.

[-x

:thumbup:

Dave
vintagebug
11 years ago

...we may well be travelling in something, although not entirely 'vintage VW',will still be a VW, and more importantly, air-cooled. :?

Watch this space.....,:lol:

Gavin.

Lost64 wrote:

:? :?

Beans. Spill.

Dave
GKL 7
11 years ago

us 'Northerners'.

Lost64 wrote:

I know a guy in Aberdeen says strictly speaking in your country you're SOUTHERNERS:thumbdn:

:p :rofl:
vintagebug
11 years ago

I know a guy in Aberdeen says strictly speaking in your country you're SOUTHERNERS:thumbdn:

:p :rofl:

GKL 7 wrote:

'Tis true. It's all relative- for me, anybody south of Carlisle is a southerner. For the folk from the wee south-east corner of the country anywhere north of Watford might as well be a foreign country. :lol:

But we digress. Gavin, I need to know what you're referring to! :thumbup:

Dave
Lost64
11 years ago
If I was to 'fess up on here Dave,I'd be ostracized! Suffice to say it isn't a pre-67 VW , but it is an aircooled car.

Gavin.

(I've sent you a PM to explain.....,)
Moto Linetti
11 years ago
So is there anyone deciding to do Harwich-Hook of Holland????
Fernando Pal
11 years ago
We are thinked will go two car or more, from Portugal:d :d :d
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Orby1
11 years ago
I THINK I'm going! Still have no hotel etc yet, I guess I'll be camping. I'm meeting my friend there, he's driving from Berlin.
If I can make it I'll deffo need to hook up with somebody to drive over with as I won't have a Scooby's where the hell I'm meant to go! I'm in High Wycombe so I can meet people on the Dover ferry I suppose.
I'll ask nearer the time.
pre67vw
11 years ago
Photos from HO 2005 

Looking forward to it!!

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
11 years ago
ET is going too but ........ not without his Heb!!! :cry:
The Heb doesn't like to goo there anymore!!!:(

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
brille52
11 years ago

Photos from HO 2005 

Looking forward to it!!

pre67vw wrote:

Great memories ! And I see a car, looking at your photos, Rob, which makes my heart beat faster and I never would sell again ! 😳

A Happy New Year to everybody ! :beer:

andreas
GKL 7
11 years ago

ET is going too but ........ not without his Heb!!! :cry:
:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

So you are taking it:?:
fantakid
11 years ago
Hi GKL,

no he is not taking it - this is a personal thing between ET and us.

ET - if the Heb does not want to come to Hessisch anymore - why dont you also stay at home ?

You can wait just 2 more years and than take it to Camberg.( if it will be again what i hope )

I think this would be the best solution for us all !

To all others a Happy New year and the best for 2013 !

Christian