Buggirl
11 years ago
Hi Folks,

I have been on the VW scene for many years and I have owned a Bay, a split SC, a 66,72, 74, 2005, 2008 Beetles, Polo's, golfs and I currently have no aircooled stuff and instead have a T5 camper and a Tiguan. I am itching to own another aircooled VW and I have always said that the last aircooled VW I will own would be an Oval (pref a ragtop!!!). Thing is, I want to own one now and I know I am going to have to pay out for a decent one, but what I wante to know, was, how much do you think I should aim for? I would like one that is solid, but needs tidying up ie; interior and paint poss brightwork? Just wan to know where to start really. Thanks in advance for this.
:?
1966 Barbra Anne
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
11 years ago
Welcome to the forum!

Do you mind it being LHD or are you after a UK car? LHD means that you have a better chance of getting a solid but tatty one.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Old Blue
11 years ago
Jon's oval was from the USA, totally rust-free and very original. LHD of course.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Buggirl
11 years ago
Hi guys, thanks for the replies! I am ok with a left hooker as my 66 bug and my 65 splitty was. More tips the better please x
1966 Barbra Anne
JamesSun
11 years ago
Hi,

A 56 (advertised as a 55) is presently up for auction on ebay with 6 days to go. It looks quite nice but will need a repaint.

I bought a Strato silver 56 with a Golde ragtop 2 weeks ago from a chap in Scotland (see attachment). I paid £6k although I think I was very lucky to get it for that price but they are out there.  Oval 56 You have insufficient rights to see the content.