AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago
Just wondering if any body has any photos or info on this VW garage thanks.

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Is your car from there Andy?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
No Rich its that i have picked up one of there old dealer badges :thumbup:

Andy W

Ps the car started life with 809 JPH lost that in 2002 to become NAS 511 then that was transferd in 2004 to 938 UXB that is not transferable. I wonder were she came from in the begining :?
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
Photo of the badge the one underneeth is a copy i made.

Andy W   vwb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
11 years ago

Photo of the badge the one underneeth is a copy i made.

Andy W

AW wrote:

Thats pretty cool, how did you go about making the copy?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
I will show you in photos how its done when i get some time. Might be of intrest to some one :beer:

Andy W
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
If I say " Hi Andy " please don't assume that being a confirmed and confused "B.O.F." I think I'm on a website dedicated to a Far-Eastern Heavy Industry maker of cars with Mega-Years-long parts and labour warranties. Mind you, having just battled through the traffic from the Enfield Pageant on the A10 for over an hour all because of an accident on M25 sixteen hours ago ensures bewildered,confirmed confusion : I should have been home in a quarter of an hour ! Oh just wait and see the fun if todays hold-ups occur ( and they certainly shall) in Olympics time !!
I have a little info regarding Beardalls. My source of info is a copy of a sixteen page ( about A4 size) Beardalls Bulletin. I probably gathered this when I was at Stanford Hall in 1965 because Beardalls, Headed by George Beardall who apparently acted as 'Editor' of the publication with a stated "H.F. Darking", were given the VW franchise for Nottingham in 1954 and supported VW gatherings over a wide midlands area at that time. In 1965 they were based at 180 Loughborough Road in Nottingham. Although a totally independent ( Of VW Motors ) business, their buletin was said to be "The Organ Of The Volkswagen Midlands Centre ". It is not clear how often this 'booklet' was produced but the copy I have is number 11 ( One a year from 1954 ?) As well as informative articles relative to Vw's and VW-Powered achievements world-wide, space is allocated to promote the activities of the Nottingham and District VW Owners' Club.
Should your interest be such that you'd like me to photocopy my booklet for you I'd willingly comply. Until real names prevail ............. I remain "Jollychuffy"
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
I would love a photo copie of them thanks if you pm me with your address i will send you your costs and were to send it to. :beer: Once again thanks for the offer.

Andy W
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

No Rich its that i have picked up one of there old dealer badges :thumbup:

Andy W

Ps the car started life with 809 JPH lost that in 2002 to become NAS 511 then that was transferd in 2004 to 938 UXB that is not transferable. I wonder were she came from in the begining :?

AW wrote:

Andy,

your car came from Surrey. There is a fair chance is was a Colbourne car.

Regarding Beardalls, I have a few bits and pieces from there.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
Thanks for that bit of info on were she came from Rich :thumbup:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
11 years ago
A big thanks to Jollychuffy for the info that came in the post today. I have not had time to read any of it yet but i am looking forward to it :thumbup: Thanks again John

Andy W
10 years ago

Andy W

AW wrote:

Hi Andy,
I worked at Beardalls of Nottingham. I went there from school age 16 as an apprentice motor mechanic and finished up as a service advisor. I owned a 1960 Beatle at the time and amongst other things built a Beatle pickup truck for Beardalls to use as their company vehicle This is a link to a picture of my Beatle: UserPostedImagehttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200400458407647&set=a.10200400458247643.1073741825.1641334875&type=3&theater   VW1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Thanks for that Kevin. tride the link but it dose not work 😞 Like the head lamps on your bug were thay a special that Beardalls supplyer all those years ago?

Andy W
59 Ragtop
10 years ago

That ripple bonnet 2cv is cool too.8)
John Beardall
10 years ago

Andy W

AW wrote:

Hi Andy
What photos or info you want? George Beardall was 1 of the first dealers in the uk, I can give you about as much info as you want, just don't ask for it all at once!

My name........John Beardall,

Have just got all my Beardall Bulletin back from my sister (24 in total)
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Hi John Just info on the cars and after market parts you used to sell. jolly chuffy sent me some of the news leters (copies) but it would be nice if i could get copies of the others to look at.

Andy W
John Beardall
10 years ago

That ripple bonnet 2cv is cool too.8)

59 Ragtop wrote:

Bernie owned the 2CV, and the I bought it off him, great fun, however unable to turn it over!!
Kev's Beetle was the best looking Beetle I've ever seen, also it went, may be if he were telling the story a little faster than my Theo converted one.:thumbup:
John Beardall
10 years ago

If I say " Hi Andy " please don't assume that being a confirmed and confused "B.O.F." I think I'm on a website dedicated to a Far-Eastern Heavy Industry maker of cars with Mega-Years-long parts and labour warranties. Mind you, having just battled through the traffic from the Enfield Pageant on the A10 for over an hour all because of an accident on M25 sixteen hours ago ensures bewildered,confirmed confusion : I should have been home in a quarter of an hour ! Oh just wait and see the fun if todays hold-ups occur ( and they certainly shall) in Olympics time !!
I have a little info regarding Beardalls. My source of info is a copy of a sixteen page ( about A4 size) Beardalls Bulletin. I probably gathered this when I was at Stanford Hall in 1965 because Beardalls, Headed by George Beardall who apparently acted as 'Editor' of the publication with a stated "H.F. Darking", were given the VW franchise for Nottingham in 1954 and supported VW gatherings over a wide midlands area at that time. In 1965 they were based at 180 Loughborough Road in Nottingham. Although a totally independent ( Of VW Motors ) business, their buletin was said to be "The Organ Of The Volkswagen Midlands Centre ". It is not clear how often this 'booklet' was produced but the copy I have is number 11 ( One a year from 1954 ?) As well as informative articles relative to Vw's and VW-Powered achievements world-wide, space is allocated to promote the activities of the Nottingham and District VW Owners' Club.
Should your interest be such that you'd like me to photocopy my booklet for you I'd willingly comply. Until real names prevail ............. I remain "Jollychuffy"

Jollychuffy wrote:

Beardall Bulletin No 1 July 1960 - No 24 end of 1971 or the beginning of 1972 so about 2 a year.
Sorry but I can't provide copies, only info from them as I think that I have the only complete set left :unsure:

John Beardall
John Beardall
10 years ago

Andy W

AW wrote:

Hi Andy
Been going through a couple of the boxes collected from my sister, I will try to scan some onto my computer and put onto the site via your name if that's ok with you, or you tell me how to send private (I'm an old man and don't fully understand modern things!
I have photos going back even before VW and some will open your eyes Gogo's you heard of them? also 3 wheel AC's.
Will try to get some uploaded this weekend,can show you Loughborough Road when he first bought it and the changes made upto '72 when he sold to Bristol street.
I also have a few loose copies of the "BB" and will be willing to scan these, but the full copies are bound and I don't want to cause any damage to them.
let me know what you would like first, also do you want me to send via the site?

kind regards

John
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Here are some photos that John has kindly sent me. I will let John tell you about them.

Andy W  BG4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  BG2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  BG1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  BG3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.