dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi all

Can someone confirm for me what the paint code and colour is for interior parts such as the steering column, handbrake lever, seat frames, etc? My car is a '56 Swedish Agave import, if that makes any difference.

I think it is L82 Silverwhite but I,m not sure.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Glenn
Life, Love & Unity
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
11 years ago
L75 Light Beige.
 DSC01603-800.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks George

Don't suppose you have a paint mix formula by any chance?
Life, Love & Unity
GKL 7
11 years ago
Don't know if it will help,but it's the bottom sample on this page.(from an original VW paint manual).

But mixing formulas will change from manufacturer to manufacturer.i.e Glasurit will be different from say,Dupont.  laq_4.gif You have insufficient rights to see the content.
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Brillant, thanks George
Life, Love & Unity
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
I used L275 Light Beige, but i think it's the same as L75. PPG ans Spies Hecker still have the formula's ready available for you. It's an exact match to the original from PPG btw.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks for the reply Piet. I did a search on L75 Light Beige once George posted that up and I then found a couple of sites that confirmed it to be the correct colour of my year
Life, Love & Unity
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Okay chaps

I've been checking out this colour issue and I'm now not sure where to go with this.

I dragged out a few of the components that need to be sprayed and the horn push and the indicator arm appear to be L75 Light Beige - they have a slightly browny \ tobacco colour to them as this colour does, but the handbrake lever, steering wheel and seat frames are definitely a different lighter colour - more an ivory \ ivory grey colour, which is why I suggested L82 Silverwhite originally.

Now the seats are definitely original and I think the steering wheel is, both of which are the lighter colour (and the colour I like better actually) but I can not guarantee the horn push is an original and I'm pretty sure the indicator arm is a spare I have as I already primed what I think what was the original.

So has anyone got any more ideas now on what the lighter colour might be?

I did try taking some pictures but my camera battery run out. I'll try get some pictures up soon showing the different colours.
Life, Love & Unity
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Here is an example of the L275 I used from PPG. It's a light greyish beige IRL.
I also have a tin of L275 from Spies hecker and I see it's a little more darker tint.  INTERIEUR 002 (Medium).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)